• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 1 fraud on ebay...oh Schomy!

63 posts in this topic

My Ebay Fraud Alert Signal started tingling when I say that the seller was from the Detroit Region. I've driving the 2.5 to 3 hour drive from Indiana to Detroit many times over the past four years for either comic book deals or for my HP DesignJet plotter business.

A couple years ago, while at a comic book auction, I saw guns, knifes, junkies, thugs, and a crooked auctioneer who had his 70+ year old father shill bidding. My impression of Detroit has not improved.

Detroit is falling into 2nd World territory. i. e. Eastern European.

When I lived in Ohio I made the mistake of going to Detroit to see the Red Sox whoop the Tigers. My wife and I drove in on the evening of a 50 cent/Eminem concert (both thugs native to Detroit).

I pray I never have to go back.

Visited Detroit one summer just out of curiousity, drove from Windsor. I never saw some many cops at a four corner intersection in the middle of downtown city in all my life, at least 3 on every corner. What a hell hole.

I wanted to say that I just talked to Darrell......the owner of this book.....and he thanked me for the heads up.....which I want to pass on to detective27kid who first discovered it.....and the rest of you who bid that rip-off farce up to 99 million +!! That was great and Darrell thought it was pretty funny......

I understand that there really was no threat to Darrell and his book........the threat was to some unsuspecting buyer on ebay. Thats who was ultimately protected.....and who was spared. The spotlight of truth shone on the evil of this guys crooked auction......and that you all bidding the auction up to a ridiculous amount was like a teamwork of justice!! I just wanted to say .........Nice work.... Its a pleasure and a comfort to be a part of such a community !!

Mike / Senormac

I wanted to say that I just talked to Darrell......the owner of this book.....and he thanked me for the heads up.....which I want to pass on to detective27kid who first discovered it.....and the rest of you who bid that rip-off farce up to 99 million +!! That was great and Darrell thought it was pretty funny......

I understand that there really was no threat to Darrell and his book........the threat was to some unsuspecting buyer on ebay. Thats who was ultimately protected.....and who was spared. The spotlight of truth shone on the evil of this guys crooked auction......and that you all bidding the auction up to a ridiculous amount was like a teamwork of justice!! I just wanted to say .........Nice work.... Its a pleasure and a comfort to be a part of such a community !!

Mike / Senormac

we do try to help each other out (thumbs u