• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

when is Overstreet #39 coming out?

35 posts in this topic

the title asks it all..

when is Overstreet #39 coming out?

thanks in advance (thumbs u

Bubbagump is taking pre-orders here on the boards. He has a thread going about this. (thumbs u

Looks like the pre-orders ended at the end of Dec.

Technically, I ended it at the end of December, but I did order a few extra. If you still need one, please PM me. (thumbs u

I was debating on getting the hardcover when it came out, although I use comicbase I really am not sure if Overstreet is worth it or not.

I usually pick one up every few years. There isn't a good reason to get one every year unless you want to read the articles.

February 25th is my understanding.

Well, guess what.....it's almost February 25th! :cool:

Any idea if this date for the OS release has been confirmed or is it coming out at its usual April release date?

I was told 25th by LCS when she looked it up on order sheets. It wouldn't be the first time though a item comic or otherwise is delayed.

I've bought one every year since 1975. All hardbacks 1982 up. Now the past few years in addition I get the BIB BIG to ease my eyebones...actually I love to be able to just open it up and lay it flat on the table without weighting the edges. lol

As for is it still good to get the OSPG? Most still seem to base the value on these guys and it's always been the typical bible....so... (shrug)

Ohters say they prefer the other value guides like the one with comic base. But I say if you cut about half of the books values in half in the OSPG you have it about right. Especially the lower grade stuff.

Oh...and for as long as I can remember...April has always been the month to get the OSPG. Except maybe last years was early. They should have it out in FEB. Makes more sense.

Last year was the exception.... they managed to get it out in late Feb. I was shocked when I walked into my LCS and he had a stack on the counter.

This year is back to status quo... delayed until April. :(

Gemstone Website

The Official Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #39

Preorder Item: We are currently accepting preorders for this item.

Estimated Availability Date: 4/8/2009

Gemstone Website

Thanks for the update and link! (thumbs u

It's nice to see that they are planning to use the All-Select #1 classic war cover by Alex Shomburg as one of the price guide covers this year. :cloud9:

Of course, it doesn't really mean anything until we get the book in hand. Last year, they kept using the Superman #14 classic patriotic cover to hype the guide only to see two Modern Age covers by the time the actual guide hit the shelves. :sumo:

Oh...and for as long as I can remember...April has always been the month to get the OSPG. Except maybe last years was early. They should have it out in FEB. Makes more sense.

Last year was the exception.... they managed to get it out in late Feb. I was shocked when I walked into my LCS and he had a stack on the counter.

This year is back to status quo... delayed until April. :(

Okay.....I went back and checked for last year.

The guide actually came out in late March since that's the date that shows up on my Visa bill.

The guide generally seems to come out during the Good Friday / Easter weeks. Well, guess what, Good Friday fell early on the March 21st week in 2008 and that's when the guide came out. This year, Good Friday comes out on the April 8th week and that's the expected release date for the guide.

Gives us the long weekend to peruse the new guide. (thumbs u