• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Favorite Non-Comic Artist

67 posts in this topic

I want to know who you guys' and gals' favorite artist is, that has nothing to do with comics. Any form of art, just not comic related...

Ill start it off:

My favorite artist's name is LEBO... His real name is David LeBatard. His stuff is just out there. Lebo is from Miami. After I got into his art, by chance, my cousin became best friends with the guy. Lebo is truly a class act. He works very closely with the jam band scene, and many of his paintings have been influenced by the jam/jazz scene. His stuff is also cartoony and really fun. I have a couple of his prints and his coffee table book, but the originals are too pricey for me. Here is a link to see some of his work..

http://www.lebostudios.com/

Who are your favorite non-comic artist? Picasso? Degas? Warhol?

David Hockney. Though British, his work captures Los Angeles for me better than anyone. Another cool thing: these pieces are BIG:

David-Hockney-Nichols-Canyon-6481.jpg

interior.jpeg

He's done other cool landscapes, too:

GMA%201538.jpg

hockney_garrowby_hill.jpeg

David Hockney. Though British, his work captures Los Angeles for me better than anyone. Another cool thing: these pieces are BIG:

David-Hockney-Nichols-Canyon-6481.jpg

interior.jpeg

He's done other cool landscapes, too:

GMA%201538.jpg

hockney_garrowby_hill.jpeg

My favorite Hockney picture...

hockney.jpg

Always loved Rockwell..

009_575-010~Norman-Rockwell-Triple-Self-Portrait-Posters.jpg

I like a lot of artists, but if I had to single one out, Lautrec is at the top of the list. However, among modern artists, I have to admit that I do own a few prints of Liudmila Kondakova. I think the advertising on the side of the buildings had as much to do with it as the light-reactive painting style which makes the picture appear lighter or darker based the lighting shone on the paiting.

notredame_at_dusk.jpg

ive got too many to think of . but as of now i would have to say jason workman. he he is a bachalers in art and can work with any art involved materials. here is a link to his my space pics page :) some great art and the best thing is the canvas is skin! he also has some oil paintings i would sell my house for if he would ever sell lol

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewAlbums&friendID=188190469