• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another New Ebay "Improved Feature"?

31 posts in this topic

I can't search completed auctions anymore. The check box still appears, but is grayed out and can't be selected. Anybody else know about this? Temporary glitch or more "improvements"? :mad:

:roflmao:

Sucka.

:baiting:

This may explain it:

"We are currently rolling out a removal of completed auction searches. Some users will begin to see the Completed Auctions option grayed out. Once we have rolled this out to all users, we will remove the option completely. We have received complaints that completed auction searches are impacting bidding levels of current auctions, so we have decided to remove it. Users should determine their max bid based on what an item is worth to them, not what previous auctions have ended for."

Yeah, I was mad when I read that. How can they do that to us?

Yes, this is a joke.

This may explain it:

"We are currently rolling out a removal of completed auction searches. Some users will begin to see the Completed Auctions option grayed out. Once we have rolled this out to all users, we will remove the option completely. We have received complaints that completed auction searches are impacting bidding levels of current auctions, so we have decided to remove it. Users should determine their max bid based on what an item is worth to them, not what previous auctions have ended for."

Yes, this is a joke.

lol

This may explain it:

Yes, this is a joke.

Did you find this on Ebay somewhere? If this is true this is very bad. Why in the world would they eliminate this feature?? :screwy:

This may explain it:

Yes, this is a joke.

Did you find this on Ebay somewhere? If this is true this is very bad. Why in the world would they eliminate this feature?? :screwy:

That's ridiculous. I hated when they limited the time period to search for completed auctions. How else can you determine what to list something for or when the last time it was even offered? Ebay is making some terrible decisions. Besides the fact that the new interface feels like a was created by a kid. Sorry for the negativity, I must be in a bad mood.

This may explain it:

Yes, this is a joke.

That's ridiculous. I hated when they limited the time period to search for completed auctions. How else can you determine what to list something for or when the last time it was even offered? Ebay is making some terrible decisions. Besides the fact that the new interface feels like a was created by a kid. Sorry for the negativity, I must be in a bad mood.

lol

That happened to me yesterday. I couldn't search on completed auctions only when I was looking under categories. I went back to the main page, clicked the advanced search again and it worked like expected.

This may explain it:

Yes, this is a joke.

be carefull what you wish for.............

This may explain it:

Yes, this is a joke.

I was afraid people wouldn't be able to read my sarcasm, so I even stated clearly that it was a joke. And people still think it's real. There's a real "the sky is falling" mentality when it comes to eBay.

be carefull what you wish for.............

See what I mean?