• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Seinfeld's Superman collection?

43 posts in this topic

Peter Lutrario has the best Superman/Batman collection in the world. A close second would be Harry Matetsky. That is my top two.

I think Peter (AK1) would be the first to acknowledge that his collection is not the best in the world.

I would think that every Superman and Batman collection in the world pales in comparison to Dave Anderson`s. Best Action #1, MH run of Action 1-20, best Superman #1, best Detective #27, probably the best Batman #1 (although I`ve never heard his copy discussed), etc. etc. Plus, I believe he owns a real batmobile--not just a promotional replica, but one of the cars really used in the show.

Jerry Seinfeld's Net Worth

$225 Million (from Seinfeld syndication rights)

He could easily have a top 3 Superman collection.

frankly I'm surprised he isn't worth more!

Larry David gets the rest, so there's the rub in poor Jerry getting more.

No actually the owner of the original batmobile is george barris. He acquired the car from Ford Motors in the late 60's for $1 dollar. Part of the contract states the car can never be sold and will go to the henry ford museum in dearborn michigan when he dies.

I didn`t say the original batmobile. I said a real batmobile, meaning one of the several cars that was actually used in the show, as opposed to some of the additional replicas that were used for promotional purposes but never actually used in the show.

Dave Anderson has the best Superman comic and premium/vintage collectibles collection in the world..period. Harry sold his Superman collection years back to Dave.

Peter might be a close second on the premiums only, but Dave still has the best premium/collectibles and obviously comic collection on the planet, and really, no one is really close overall. Harry is the expert on Superman and wrote the book on Superman collectibles, and he would concur.

Yeah but has Dave appeared in a commercial with Superman?

Good point.

On the other hand, Dave has never appeared in a high profile commercial that was universally panned.

(shrug)

Say Hepcat!! Haven't talked to you in a long time. How's things going?

Generally good - although I'm a stockbroker so business is really slow.

I keep adding to my comic and other collections though. There was a comic show in Toronto yesterday where I somehow managed to spend just under $2000. The last few Green Lanterns, Flash, Mystery in Space, Tales of the Unexpected, Wonder Woman, Metal Men, Cave Carson, Fly, Jaguar etc. that I still need/want have been so tough to track down in the condition I want that I've ended up spending more on secondary and tertiary titles. In that vein picked up a number of Superman, Action, Adventure with either the Legion or Supergirl, and Detective comics yesterday, including the December 1956 issue of Detective, easily the oldest I have. I believe the flaw in the issue that kept the price below $300 was that too much of the front cover is visible from the back. I also picked up SSWS dinosaur cover #119 and a JLA #54 to replace my own which I recently discovered was splitting underneath the bottom staple.(Isn't your eyesight supposed to deteriorate and not improve with age?)

:o

The run of about forty Harvey Felix the Cat file copies that I bought through Heritage arrived last week. I'd bid on these once or twice before but it turned out that the late bid that beat me was the reserve. I'd say they were jerks but then again this time I got the box lot for less than I had bid last time so I guess I got the last laugh.

lol

I also have a solid collection of Mad magazines now. I bought about 35 issues between #40-100 in a Heritage auction last summer and I now have more than half the magazine issues under #100. I picked up a dozen or so sparkling NMt ones between #150-200 for $3 each yesterday!

I also acquired a Civil War Wrapper, a Man from UNCLE wrapper, two different Batman wrappers and a 1960 baseball card wrapper last week for my wrapper collection. I had basically next to no wrappers other than a few CFL and Parkhurst hockey wrappers five years ago but now I have a rather nice collection of wrappers from the fifties and sixties.

Finally, I'm awaiting four Aurora and Hawk military airplane model kits from the late sixties to add to my kit collection.

:applause:

I carelessly let myself get outbid on a M.I.B. Monogram Cooper Ford slot car and a M.I.B. blue variant Hasbro Marble Maze last week on Ebay though.

rantrant

Evidently every episode of the Seinfeld show would reference Superman or a related topic like Bizarro world at least once. A Superman poster or other paraphernalia would also often be visible in the background of Seinfeld's apartment.

But then of course was the infamous episode where Jerry and friends vandalized the M.I.B. toy collection that one of Jerry's girlfriends inherited from her father. They took all the toys out of the box and played with them!

:pullhair:

How about Geppi's collection? I know he has a lot of restored keys but rumour had it he was buying up all those Church Flash copies? Personally I'd rather have Verzyl's collection, I believe an almost complete run of Church Timely's, including the best MC#1, AA#16 copy just for starters. Dare I say that Action #1 to me is a tad overrated simply because Superman was such a lame character so many decades.

I can say without one moment's hesitation that if I could have any one collector's collection, it would be Anderson's. Verzyl's Timely collection and the overall depth of Geppi's collection would be great, but to have THE best run of early Actions, Supermans, Detectives and Batmans, including THE 2 most coveted books in the world, would be the absolute pinnacle in my opinion. And of course Anderson has many other incredible books that are never discussed here.

If your mainly a DC fan yes I can see your arguement but most issues of Batman, Superman, Action comics and Tec's past issue #40 do nothing for me so I wouldn't hesitate to sell/trade them to acquire Verzyl's gems. If the Church Marvel Comics #1 is actually a 9.6 or 9.8 I'd take that over any Action #1 that is known of today.