• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve and I interviewed on a Radio Broadcast!

33 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share with you guys an interview that I did for the premier web broadcast of "Comic Zone" a one hour program that debuted yesterday. My segment gives a bit of an overview of the hobby.

It's hosted by Vincent from Metro.

Here's the link to the broadcast:

http://www.worldtalkradio.com/show.asp?sid=68

From here, click on "Premiere Episode" then read and select any of the segments.

DAM

Yes, I will be a future "guest". This is a great post by the way and leads into my next comment.

For all the "kvetching" that goes on about Metropolis, I think people should give them some support in them working their butts off to promote the hobby. I don't see too many other dealers out there using the Media to do the same.

My personal Rant,

Bob

For all the "kvetching" that goes on about Metropolis

Kvetch?...about Metropolis.?.....I can't recall much bashing against Metroplois...in fact besides Blazing Bob's Big Boy...I think they are one of the most respected dealers around,...

For all the "kvetching" that goes on about Metropolis

Kvetch?...about Metropolis.?.....I can't recall much bashing against Metroplois...in fact besides Blazing Bob's Big Boy...I think they are one of the most respected dealers around,...

One thing that I never made public: I brokered a deal to Metro for a Batman #9 cgc 9.4 with OW-W pages. It was truly a beautiful book. A lot of guys buy ads in the OS saying that they pay the most, but Metro really does pay the most and their check's don't bounce. It was a really great transaction and Vincent was very good to me and gave me the grand tour of the place. (btw - I would buy anything from metro just to go and have the chance to take a look at their wonderful gallery! it'll be worth the price of admission!).

Vincent and Stephen are good guys thumbsup2.gif

DAM

Just wanted to share with you guys an interview that I did for the premier web broadcast of "Comic Zone" a one hour program that debuted yesterday. My segment gives a bit of an overview of the hobby.

It's hosted by Vincent from Metro.

Dave, how dare you self-promote yourself like that, you insecure, self-aggrandizing braggart!! What, you don't see me going on the radio everytime I feel I have something to say about comics. The next thing you know, you will be telling us about your job and sharing details of your personal life! How dare you try to share your thoughts and experiences and try to bond with people on the Boards! Ooooooooh, I am sooooo mad!!! I think I'm going to go troll somebody and inflict some punishment bids now to blow off some steam!! tongue.gif

Just kidding, man. Kudos to those promoting the hobby and I look forward to listening to the program when I get home tonight. thumbsup2.gif

Gene

Dave. Vincent, & STEVE "GREAT" show!! I really enjoyed listening . And I have to agree with BOB ,METROPOLIS does promote the hobby. Again: 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

No offense, but isn't this a little... ridiculous? Praising comic book DEALERS for promoting comic books? Isn't that a bit like praising Wal-Mart for extolling the virtues of deep-discount crapola? McDonald's for advocating the nutritional value of Grade H beef?

Dave. Vincent, & STEVE "GREAT" show!! I really enjoyed listening . And I have to agree with BOB ,METROPOLIS does promote the hobby. Again: 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

No offense, but isn't this a little... ridiculous? Praising comic book DEALERS for promoting comic books? Isn't that a bit like praising Wal-Mart for extolling the virtues of deep-discount crapola? McDonald's for advocating the nutritional value of Grade H beef?

It would be if more dealers did it. They don't. Metro deserves praise for their efforts in this area.

It would be if more dealers did it. They don't. Metro deserves praise for their efforts in this area.

Why? I would still call it "advertising." Wouldn't more dealers do it if they had the resources? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Interesting point re advertising. But if I had to guess I would say that if it were purely profit motivated vincent would have better uses for his time. It's not like people haven't heard of metro. Part advertising for the store, part promotion of the hobby for the greater good? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif