• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noob question RE: Batman Mad Love

11 posts in this topic

Hey there, I'm new to the site/board. I haven't bought a comic in a long time and am about to start. I've decided to start with Mad Love. I just have a quick question regarding ebay. There is a Mad Love 9.4 BIN for $80 and a 9.8 with a starting bid of $300. Is there that much of a difference in .4? I assume people charge a lot on ebay because a lot of gnoobs like me may not try looking anywhere else, but what do I know? Nothing, that's what. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jeremy

$300 is the going rate for that book.

A 9.4 with Timm's signature went for $335 last year.

It is a pretty tough book to get.

Of the 47 graded copies, 4 are 9.8, 14 9.6, 21 9.4.

Compare with a book like Batman: The Man Who Laughs

92 graded copies. 65 are 9.8.

And welcome to the boards. :hi:

Stick around a while, there are some great folks here.

Are you looking to collect for the fun of it or for investment purposes? Either way, I personally wouldn't recommend buying either one of those books. Don't get me wrong, it's a great story (and those aren't horribly over priced), but you should be able to get a raw 9.4 or better copy for $50 or less. And now that CGC has come out and stated that they are recognizing Batman Adv. #12 as Harley's first appearance, these probably aren't going to be rising much in value (unless she is in a new movie...).

Also, before you start buying somewhat expensive comics, you may want to hang around here for a bit to get an idea of market trends, how grading works, etc... Then you will feel much more confident in your ability to make an educated decision for yourself.

Welcome to the boards, and good luck!

-William

Thanks for the info/welcome. A few hours ago I mentioned how kind people are here to Lebowski. I keep finding more and more and I've only been trolling around for a week. Anyway, thanks again. Take care, Jeremy

Hey Bosco, nice to meet you. I sent him a PM. Thanks a lot. This place is great, I think my days of trolling a Phish board are over once I find a home for all of my extra tickets. If you know anyone on this board that likes Phish let me know. Anyway, thanks again, Jeremy