• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very small Jack Davis Signature Series signing!

55 posts in this topic

My Tales from the Crypt is probably a 4 or so (geez....I hope it is....) but it's still Jack Davis! :grin:

I didn't mean anything bad about lower grade. I should have said that the covers I was looking for were not available at the show and the other covers were low grade. One dealer said they don’t bring them because they have been slow movers in the past at the show. I saw about 10 copies total from the whole run throughout the show floor. So my choices were very limited.

My Tales from the Crypt is probably a 4 or so (geez....I hope it is....) but it's still Jack Davis! :grin:

I didn't mean anything bad about lower grade. I should have said that the covers I was looking for were not available at the show and the other covers were low grade. One dealer said they don’t bring them because they have been slow movers in the past at the show. I saw about 10 copies total from the whole run throughout the show floor. So my choices were very limited.

No offense taken at all. It's what I've got, that's all. I looked around real quick for something to upgrade to but wasn't happy with what I found. I really wanted one of his gory covers or the one with the Freak Show on the cover, I settled for the giant clam shell with a corpse coming out at a diver. The Freak Show cover was one to the books that introduced me to the EC line whenI was young, but it contains the origin of the Crypt Keeper and tends to get pricey real quick.

I went to my LCS, looked through the EC box and found about five copies of Incredible Science Fiction 30. It was the best and most affordable JD cover he had, and it's one I like, so that's the one I got. Probably about a 4.5 also.

I was an avid reader of Mad in the early to mid 1970s so I'm really happy to get a Jack Davis SS book. :banana:

OK, who overnighted a book by fedex from Ohio? No name or anything?? Is it free for me?

That would be me. :tonofbricks:

Shipped from my work. Its a Tales from the Crypt 29 in about 7.0 to 8.0 range.

#29 is a cool cover (thumbs u lots of yellow to go with the yellow label :cloud9:

Sitting in the airport waiting to board my flight. Just found out this morning that Sergio Aragones will be At the signing as well. Oh well, I grabbed my Groo 1. He's not tough to get is he?

Sergio is pretty easy to get. But he is an awesome guy and I bet he will have you charmed and in stitches within minutes. Good luck with the signing.