• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just in case anyone wants to see the GI Joe Superbowl spot early...

39 posts in this topic

Best G I Joe spot:

G I Joe comes blasting up to Barbie's Dream House, and invites her for a ride in his hot car with a flick of his head, while Ken looks on, aghast. \

Best. Commercial. Ever.

Found here:

CGI and wirefighting.

Nothing interesting there.

Uniforms have no individuality like in the cartoon and comic.

This is just any recent action movie with a semi-Joe theme.

Expectations have lowered.

At what point did GI Joe become the X-Men?

:golfclap:

Whats with all the CGI?! Sheesh. Maybe its me but when I first heard about the movie...I expected the visuals to be more Saving Private Ryan than Fantastic Four.

(shrug)

Yah, I was hoping for a special forces type movie or the like.

Bro-in-law will want to see it, though. Hopefully there's a story in there somewhere that will have some redeeming qualities.

ya, know, it is what it is... a summer popcorn movie. believe me i would like to see a saving private ryan also but its for the kiddies. let the new generation enjoy!

when my kid is an adult they will want a grown up version also and ranking on the 3D trailer he just saw.

Popcorn movie and it looks like fun. After all, we're talking about a movie based off of toys and a kiddie cartoon, so I think it'd be a mistake to go into this expecting award-winning performances.

Low expectations = Little disappointment!

Popcorn movie and it looks like fun. After all, we're talking about a movie based off of toys and a kiddie cartoon, so I think it'd be a mistake to go into this expecting award-winning performances.

i concur!

i concur!

Which is my expectations for all superhero/scifi movies. good fun for a hour and half. I don`t expect Schindler's List with them.

hm

I understand what your saying but your in essence alienating the real GI Joe fan base and putting all your eggs into creating the next GI Joe fan base. If not... you will get exactly what all you gentlemen are saying. A forgettable summer action popcorn movie.

I guess, I'm being naive to think that you have to put enough to satisfy both generations. But I guess you're right. I have to start lowering my expectation on this genre.

Look... I loved GI Joe until I was about 12. I collected the comics in the mid 80s and didn't really like them. Never been in Joe since. So really I could care less if this movie is a bust or not.

Best G I Joe spot:

G I Joe comes blasting up to Barbie's Dream House, and invites her for a ride in his hot car with a flick of his head, while Ken looks on, aghast. \

Best. Commercial. Ever.

Found here:

I remember that commercial. It rocked. Van halen for a sound track. Who's the smiling guy at the end?

I liked the first 5 seconds, and then it kind of lost me. It doesn't look horrible though. I wanted a sci-fi element in there, but I was kind of hoping for a nice mixture of a down to earth, Black Hawk Down element of warfare. There was too much stylized Matrix moments for my taste.