• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanna trade Trades?

14 posts in this topic

Actually, what I'm offering is a hardcover. Detective No. 27 (it has been read) for trade for one of your trades. I pay to ship my book to you, and you pay to ship to me. If it's a book I want, I'll trade it even up. Here's what I'm looking for, but not limited to this list (if you think you've got something I'd like and you don't want it anymore, offer it up):

-Promethea Vol. 1

-Powers Vol. 2

-Swamp Thing "Earth to Earth" or "Reunion"

-Simpsons Books

-Supreme (not "Story of the Year". The other one grin.gif)

-Essential Tomb of Dracula

-etc. etc.

Don't need: Spidey books, X-books, Bat-books

Any takers?

Chris

Tell us about this book Chris, what's it all about ??

It's an Elseworlds story that sets Bruce Wayne in the early 1900's. But here's the really cool twist....after his parents are murdered in a robbery gone bad, Bruce sets off to Europe where he trains in the ways of forensics, science, and detective work!

Instead of dawning a cowl and working alone, he joins a secret detective society that was established many years before (during the American Civil War) to prevent a secret society of evil baddies from unleashing a dreaded virus many years later. Bruce is the 27th member, hence his new name, "Detective 27" (comic fans will realize the hipness in this as Detective Comics #27 was the first appearance of the Batman). Lots a really cool references like that permiate the book, making it a joy for those fans of Batman and the whole Batman legend.

Sound familiar? Some people may think it sounds alot like League of Extraordinary Grentlemen, but it was scripted by the Batman movie writer!!!! Whereas LOEG was written by some English hack named Alan something-or-other.... blush.gif

Chris

Sorry, no Bat-Mite. frown.gif

Chris

Is there a Bat-Hound perhaps then?

Or at least a Bat- Steed then,..you did say there were horses about yes?...What about a giant stallion fitted with enormous black wings that swoop down on air currents,...does it have one of those perchance ?

Or at least a Bat- Steed then,

Nope. No Bat-Steed either. Although, at one point in the story, Bruce does put a bit in Alfred's mouth and beats him with a riding crop. Does that count?

Chris

Nope. No Bat-Steed either. Although, at one point in the story, Bruce does put a bit in Alfred's mouth and beats him with a riding crop. Does that count?

Chris

Those were the days when domestics knew their place in the world!!

Chris

Those were the days when domestics knew their place in the world!!

Isn't "Alfred" in this story really a submissive who looks sort of like Emma Peel? No? Damn.