• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Grading

31 posts in this topic

Yea I figured that would be the general consensus. I guess what I was looking for were people that either got what they asked for even if they paid an inflated price or people that have gotten burned enough times on quality to not do business with them anymore.

Hope this helps.

When I asked for a scan of a book, they responded they do not do scans as they have too many books and it was not practical. They however reminded me that while they do stand by there grading, they will not guarantee the grade. Go figuire.

Avoid Mile High like the aids virus, practice safe comic transactions and always use a comic condom when touching mile high.

If you were grading 200 books an hour, how accurate would you be? That seems to be their grading model - a quick look and it is graded. Not necessarily dishonest, just not much concern about accuracy.

If you were grading 200 books an hour, how accurate would you be? That seems to be their grading model - a quick look and it is graded. Not necessarily dishonest, just not much concern about accuracy.

quantity over quality i take it...

well there are a couple moderns I'm interested in and the prices is actually not bad. They are listed as NM but I am hesitant to pull the trigger.

don't know Chuck...and get a feeling about the general cenus on this board in regards his business practice...but, had one dealing with Mile High about 4 years ago. Bought a run of comics with the intent of CGC'ing...advertised as NM-. When they arrived not one of them would've graded VF...in fact if they'd all come back as 7.5's I'd be shocked!!! Took over three weeks to arrive as well and I paid priority. I sent an email of displeasure indicating it must have been a mix up and never received a reply. fine, if i'm not important enough to reply to and try and resolve thats OK...won't ever give him my business again though.

I bet if you post what titles you want in the wanted thread and price you ma be able to get a better deal without gambling, just a thought.

they are actually being sold in the for sale thread and the quality is solid but the price is actually a lot higher than Mile High

We have a UK equivalent to Mile High - Silver Acre, way overpriced, terrible grading on books, refusal to send hi-res scans etc. I bought from them once and never again. It just makes me wonder how they stay in business?

This is exactly the gamble...... keno odds are probably better!

I bet if you post what titles you want in the wanted thread and price you ma be able to get a better deal without gambling, just a thought.

they are actually being sold in the for sale thread and the quality is solid but the price is actually a lot higher than Mile High

:o

Grade is the most important thing. I would rather overpay for a properly graded book than get a deal on a overgraded book. I have books that I purchased 20 years ago that were overgraded and I still couldn't sell them for what I paid for them.

This is exactly the gamble...... keno odds are probably better!

Curse Keno.. it looks so easy but have never won a game of it in my life! :mad:

We have a UK equivalent to Mile High - Silver Acre, way overpriced, terrible grading on books, refusal to send hi-res scans etc. I bought from them once and never again. It just makes me wonder how they stay in business?

They also will shaft customers after a deal has been reached to try and squeeze a couple extra dollars out. They get nice books, but I'll never buy any of them.

Deal or no deal

Ive seen the threads and first hand how Mile High is infamous about selling items way over FMV but I was curious about how accurate their grading is.

Could I trust a book being sold as NM to actually BE NM?

lol:signfunny::makepoint:lol:screwy: