• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If only I had the money to invest.....

22 posts in this topic

What the heck is Universe X?

(I was on sabbatical between 1993 and 2007)

Alternative Marvel Universe that wasn't very good.

Bit like the Ultimate Marvel Universe now.

doh! Why do they keep feeling the need to do that?

I know this is hardly the time or place to bring it up again, but WHY OH WHY can't they just let Spidey grow old gracefully? I WANT to see how Parker adjusts to his 50's and beyond. But no, having rebooted left right and centre they went the whole hog and rebooted the original ASM with that stupid, pointless, destructive OMD tripe. THEY ALREADY HAD THE ULTIMATE LINE, why did they need to trash ASM too? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry don't know what came over me...

I've got a NM one unslabbed,if 12K is the asking price :o I'm getting mine slabbed right away.Who would want this drek when for that price you could have a 5.0 Amazing Fantasy (shrug)

It's not like this is the Beatles 'Butcher' cover... :o

I could be wrong but just can't see this as being of any extreme lasting value...more like a fad item at present... (shrug)

As stated, there's so many other books whereby if you invested $12K it would be clearly understood to be of a caliber of a book that will continue to increase in value for at least our lifetimes...

I know this is hardly the time or place to bring it up again, but WHY OH WHY can't they just let Spidey grow old gracefully? I WANT to see how Parker adjusts to his 50's and beyond. But no, having rebooted left right and centre they went the whole hog and rebooted the original ASM with that stupid, pointless, destructive OMD tripe. THEY ALREADY HAD THE ULTIMATE LINE, why did they need to trash ASM too? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

They got to keep the money making machine rolling.The new generations want Parker younger. go back to when you first started reading Spidey when you were younger and you probally wouldn`t have related to him if he was 50 years old,balding with a beer belly.

Actually the first two mini series were pretty good, and not like the Ultimate line (not sure if you are comparing the storylines or the fact that you think both suck). The Ultimate line just ripped off all the old Marvel stories and modernized them. Univers/Earth X was a dystopian future version of the Marvel Universe (a future where all ordinary humans had gained superpowers). So while the Ultimate line was a blatant rehash of classic Marvel stories, Earth X took recognizable characters/storylines and turned them on their head, while still making sense. Examples include Earth X being implanted with a gestating Celestial egg, Black Bolt secretly releasing the mutagenic Terrigen Mists into Earth's atmosphere, Reed Richards using Vibranium to "solve" the energy crisis, several character deaths, etc.

If you're a Marvel Zombie, you'll be saying "of course, that makes sense! Why didn't they do that in the regular Marvel Universe?"

Paradise X though - ugh. Too much.

They got to keep the money making machine rolling.The new generations want Parker younger. go back to when you first started reading Spidey when you were younger and you probally wouldn`t have related to him if he was 50 years old,balding with a beer belly.

Yep, but they've got the Ultimate line for that. I don't see the point of having the Ultimate line if it's not to spare ASM from having to remain forever young. After 50 years of comics and numerous concurrent titles it's just silly.

I can understand that Maggie is still a baby after a decade and a half of Simpsons, because Simpsons is a zany comedy where anything goes. I don't afford ASM that same status :sumo:

I can readily suspend my disbelief in the possibility of irradiated spiders bestowing superpowers, but I cannot accept that all those years of continuity remain canon while Parker has barely aged. It's just stupid, and a major missed opportunity. So says I :blahblah: