• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Mighty

27 posts in this topic

This is a new series from DC that is outside the DCU. It takes place in a world where there's only one superhero and follows the people involved in the agency that "handles" him. Not bad stuff. The artwork is good and the writer appears to have thought about the logistics of a world with one superhero. He doesn't bore us with a drawn out origin sequence, instead giving us three pages then going right into a more character-based story.

I say it's worth checking out. I'm going to stick with it for a few more issues at least and see where it goes.

PDF preview here.

11139_400x600.jpg

Nice one for the heads up. I'll check that out, I'm looking for a couple of titles to add to my Standing Order anyway and that sound interesting.

Succesfully added to my STO. Now I know who to blame if it's bunkem :devil:

:jokealert:

Have you read it then Gav?

Had a text from Scadge, should get the first 2 issues in the next week or so. I'd forgot about it until he sent me a text! Looking forward to it (thumbs u

Not yet, still waiting for the last 2 months comics to come through, my dealers PC died. Should get them in next week so I'll post when I've read 'em (thumbs u

I thought the first issue was a pretty good set up book, but the end of #2 really kicks things into gear. It's a great cliff hanger for the direction of the character, which can go anywhere at this point.

I think the first 2 have been pretty good.

Good ground work for the characters...a bit of history...a bit of an insight into the makeup of Mighty...

Hopefully they can keep it up.

#3 should be here with my shipment and I'm looking forward to it.

After the first couple of pages of #1 I thought I was going to have to put it down, but by the end of #2 I think it's got potential and it's growing on me.

I had a bit of a hangup about the way he looks but I keep drumming it into my head it's outside the DCU (pretty much like Grant Morrison really) and I'm over it, and I think it's going to be interesting to see how this fleshes out.

They've got the freedom of operating outside of a set universe so they should push the boundaries on this one a bit and flaunt the rules. Could definitely be a sleeper then.

I'm in for the next few issues at least (thumbs u

No not yet, that'll be in my next months order, I only have them shipped out monthly.

Is it any good? I can see a few ways it could go from the end of #2.