• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My NYCC '09 and forum dinner report

84 posts in this topic

Thank YOU, kc, for organizing this and seeing that things go as smoothly as possible - not ever an easy task! Thanks also to bob-a-loo for creating those nifty nametags.

It looked like everyone had a great time there, perhaps even the interlopers in the middle of our group.

Final thoughts......

I'm sorry i did not get more time to hang out with Drew. It is not every day I meet a fellow HG X-Men collector who is still finishing his run.

I'm sorry Dan (Flying Donut) couldn't make it to the show. I would've enjoyed meeting him.

I'm sorry I didn't see Foolkiller. I usually run into him at these gigs but that was not the case this time.

To anyone reading this who has never gone to a big con like this one, I recommend you go.

To anyone reading this who has never gone to a forum dinner, I definetly recommend you go. You will not be disappointed.

You did a great job pulling it all together! I had a blast even though was a bit under the weather from a cold that zonked me on the 1st night. There were still a few people I didn't get to meet, so that's a bummer, but it was pretty chaotic in there. Good chaotic of course. The waitress never asked me about my entree, but was so full of beer & appetizers I didn't care. I talked to Bob for a long time & didn't know he did work for Heavy Metal! I want to see! It really was fun to talk to people face to face, there are a bunch of good eggs in that group. Wish Nik was there though. :(

Thanks, Matt. Sorry about your entree, it was chaotic. It was great to meet you and look forward to seeing more of your artwork posted here.

Thank YOU, kc, for organizing this and seeing that things go as smoothly as possible - not ever an easy task! Thanks also to bob-a-loo for creating those nifty nametags.

It looked like everyone had a great time there, perhaps even the interlopers in the middle of our group.

It was great to meet you, Szelim. (thumbs u

I talked to the girl he had at his booth & she said he has not had the operation yet. I did not get a chance to Talk to Bob Himself.

Maybe his daughter? I know that she's been helping him with the business.

I can't imagine how he's able to lug around boxes of comics at this point.

Jack

I talked to the girl he had at his booth & she said he has not had the operation yet. I did not get a chance to Talk to Bob Himself.

Maybe his daughter? I know that she's been helping him with the business.

I can't imagine how he's able to lug around boxes of comics at this point.

Jack

I talked to Bob and Tom Gordon on Friday, briefly. He encouraged me to buy more of his comics because he still needed the hip replacement. I think his daughter helped me look through their romance comics section. I found a few Batman books that I was interested in that were coverless. I intended to go back on Saturday a nd purchase those that I missed. But the crowd was very heavy the next day and I found it difficult to find anyone. So I bought a Speed comic from Dave's American comics and just enjoyed looking at the crowd. It was a mixture of Geeks, Freaks, old men and fashion models.

bb

Final thoughts......

I'm sorry i did not get more time to hang out with Drew. It is not every day I meet a fellow HG X-Men collector who is still finishing his run.

I'm sorry Dan (Flying Donut) couldn't make it to the show. I would've enjoyed meeting him.

I'm sorry I didn't see Foolkiller. I usually run into him at these gigs but that was not the case this time.

To anyone reading this who has never gone to a big con like this one, I recommend you go.

To anyone reading this who has never gone to a forum dinner, I definetly recommend you go. You will not be disappointed.

Yeah, I wanted to get up there, but we were just OBE down here.

Sounds like everybody had a good time, looks like a success!

You did a great job pulling it all together! I had a blast even though was a bit under the weather from a cold that zonked me on the 1st night. There were still a few people I didn't get to meet, so that's a bummer, but it was pretty chaotic in there. Good chaotic of course. The waitress never asked me about my entree, but was so full of beer & appetizers I didn't care. I talked to Bob for a long time & didn't know he did work for Heavy Metal! I want to see! It really was fun to talk to people face to face, there are a bunch of good eggs in that group. Wish Nik was there though. :(

I had a great time last night. It was super fun to meet everyone face-to-face. I was worried my girlfriend would be bored to tears since she's not into comics, but she got along great with blowupthemoon's girlfriend. Whew!

Thanks again for organizing the event, Casey.

Bummer about your entree, shiverbones. I got my entree -- chicken parmesan -- but the chicken was conspicuously absent. :lol: The appetizers were pretty huge though. I was full before the main course even arrived.

Great report Casey! (worship)

I am going to try to make the NYC show and Forum Dinner next year, as hopefully the kidney I'm selling and giving the proceeds to Harry (:baiting: ) for the remainder of this year, will be finished this time next year...

Looking forward to meeting a lot of the EC Crew :wishluck:

I had a great time last night. It was super fun to meet everyone face-to-face. I was worried my girlfriend would be bored to tears since she's not into comics, but she got along great with blowupthemoon's girlfriend. Whew!

Thanks again for organizing the event, Casey.

Bummer about your entree, shiverbones. I got my entree -- chicken parmesan -- but the chicken was conspicuously absent. :lol: The appetizers were pretty huge though. I was full before the main course even arrived.

Thanks for taking my GF out with ya. She had a great time with you and Julia.

I want to see Bob's work also! :cry: