• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HAS THE COMIC MARKET GONE CRAZY??!!!!!!!!

32 posts in this topic

newly listed on comiclink

avengers 1 cgc 9.0 asking $28k with a "bid" of $23k

dicuss

I am sure the bid of $23k is not a bid buy an actual buyer. It is a fabricated bid in order to make $28k seem more reasonable.

No it was probably set so a "lowball" $14K bid couldn't be made hm

I am all verklempt.. I need a moment.

I will give you a topic.

"The Romanesque Church design was based on the Roman Basilica."

Discuss.

Perhaps "Christian" basilica would be a better term as these were the templates the Romanesque church builders used, based on the form of secular basilicas used by Christians in the major Italian cities (to conduct business away from prying eyes)

(shrug)

Well, with a 6.5 copy having sold within the past two months for $4,900 and a 7.0 selling at the NYCC for over 5 grand, what do you think a reasonable current market price might be for a 9.0 copy, Dr. Blake?

I will give you a topic.

Discuss.

Perhaps "Christian" basilica would be a better term as these were the template the Romanesque church builders used, based on the form of secular basilicas used by Christians in the major Italian cities (to conduct business away from prying eyes)

(shrug)

I'm going to have to go with Chromium on this one.

I think a nice laxative should un-verklemp you, Ze-Man. (thumbs u

I will give you a topic.

Discuss.

Perhaps "Christian" basilica would be a better term as these were the template the Romanesque church builders used, based on the form of secular basilicas used by Christians in the major Italian cities (to conduct business away from prying eyes)

(shrug)

I'm going to have to go with Chromium on this one.

I think a nice laxative should un-verklemp you, Ze-Man. (thumbs u

Don't look at me, I was just quoting Linda Richman. :blush:

coffeetalk2.jpg

I think the Avengers had been undervalued for a long time. I'm not surprised the prices are finally catching up to other titles from the same period. And high grade Avengers #1s rarely come up for sale. Of course, the movie buzz doesn't hurt either.

I might buy that explanation if it were 9.4 or higher, but a 9.0???? Wow!

The last 9.4 sale recorded by GPA was back in 2002, so it's not all that common a book in ultrahigh grade. Even their last recorded 9.0 sale was back in '06.

According to the current census, there are 11 examples graded 9.2 or higher. For comparison, there are 20 such examples of X-Men #1.

Well, with a 6.5 copy having sold within the past two months for $4,900 and a 7.0 selling at the NYCC for over 5 grand, what do you think a reasonable current market price might be for a 9.0 copy, Dr. Blake?

And to think, Avengers 1 CGC 9.0 was selling for less than $6000 5 years ago. Personally, I think that book should be selling for $8000 to $10,000 considering there are over 20 copies with that grade or better. $28,000 is ridiculous.