• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most over-valued and under-valued comic books

28 posts in this topic

What would you consider the top 5 overvalued books and top 5 undervalued books based on current market price?

Over-valued: HULK #181 and X-Men #94 plus the Ultimate Spiderman [!@#%^&^].

hi.gif

I'd say something like this

Top 5 Overvalued Books

5. Swamp Thing 1

4. MS 5

3. IF14

2. Hulk 181

1. ASM 129

A few pics of some Undervalued Books

Bronze

5. Skywald Horror Mags

4. Adams "harder to find in grade" covers

3. HOS 81

2. Kaluta covers

1. DC Dollar Books

Silver

5. Our Army at War 81

4. Flash 110

3. JLA 1

2. WW 100

1. BB 28

Gold

5. Hard to find Horror

4. Suspense 4

3. Cap Annual

2. Baker good girl covers

1. Detective 225

I'd say something like this

Top 5 Overvalued Books

5. Swamp Thing 1

4. MS 5

3. IF14

2. Hulk 181

1. ASM 129

A few pics of some Undervalued Books

Bronze

5. Skywald Horror Mags

4. Adams "harder to find in grade" covers

3. HOS 81

2. Kaluta covers

1. DC Dollar Books

Silver

5. Our Army at War 81

4. Flash 110

3. JLA 1

2. WW 100

1. BB 28

Gold

5. Hard to find Horror

4. Suspense 4

3. Cap Annual

2. Baker good girl covers

1. Detective 225

So....you think a Shadow 1 should be worth more? How about this Kaluata cover? Should I promote it more? tongue.gif

334830-DM7.JPG

334830-DM7.JPG.7473159900ea6bd303b362590fe5b281.JPG

Bah, big deal. Cant be that rare a DC if I have it tongue.gif I only have four or five long boxes of DC total!
Who said anything about rare? Hulk 181 has proven that demand is far more important in the valuation of a comic book than its supply. tongue.gif

Bah humbug... your favorite term of derision is "common" when attacking a comic's valuation... so practice what you preach! tongue.gif
No....my favourite term of derison is common when I see a book. Who wants to see common books? Just because you lucked out on the Kaluta cover book doesn't mean that others have seen it! And we know you must have lucked out! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BTW....common overpriced books do bore me! sleeping.gif

Bah humbug... your favorite term of derision is "common" when attacking a comic's valuation... so practice what you preach! tongue.gif
No....my favourite term of derison is common when I see a book. Who wants to see common books? Just because you lucked out on the Kaluta cover book doesn't mean that others have seen it! And we know you must have lucked out! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BTW....common overpriced books do bore me! sleeping.gif

I've never seen it but I like it. thumbsup2.gif

And we know you must have lucked out! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ah.. stick it where the sun don't shine! tongue.gifstooges.gif Just because I only have a few DCs doesn't mean I haven't looked hard for ones to add to the collection. That kaluta cover was no accident! grin.gif Although I have way less DCs than marvels, I have spent more energy looking for DCs... but they just weren't to be found in nice shape! frown.gif You have them all! 893frustrated.gif

Just trying to get this discussion back on track...

In my sphere of our hobby, the most undervalued books are:

1). Wilbur #5 (first Katy Keene and just a steal at current market value!)

2). Patsy Walker #1

3). Millie the Model #1

4). Young Romance #1 (Here's the first issue of an entire genre, by Simon and Kirby no less, and it's dirt cheap!)

5). Young Love #1

For most overpriced: any CGC 9.6 + Marvel selling for insane multiples of guide (or common sense for that matter!)

Bah..... stop trying to find exceptions to the rule. High grade Shadow's are a dime a dozen in high grade. Theres also some other easy to find stuff not coming to mind.

Like you could promote your books any MORE! stooges.gif