• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Force 1 Art

39 posts in this topic

I saw on one of the NYCC threads that alot of the art to XForce 1 was there. Does anyone know who was selling it and know any prices for the pieces or contact info?

Not that I'm curious, but... I was practically drooling when I read that.

-Rob-

The 90's X-force or the Modern X-force? I'm interested in the 90's art.

I think it was the 90s art. I can't figure out which thread I read it in, though, so I was hoping someone else here noticed and has more details. I'll look again and maybe I can find it. Was in Comics General.

I'd be extremely interested in getting hold of a page for two if anyone does have contact info.

-Rob-

These are GREAT...you don't even need the word bubbles.

"I will destroy you with my stick because I have TINY FEET"

pni5da19a06a33f41afb_w1000_h1450.jpg

A classic of American comics... :roflmao:

C

These are GREAT...you don't even need the word bubbles.

"I will destroy you with my stick because I have TINY FEET"

pni5da19a06a33f41afb_w1000_h1450.jpg

A classic of American comics... :roflmao:

C

yep, I can't believe this tool was ever popular!

Why does everyone have tiny ears to go with their tiny feet?

i was wondering when the Liefeld bashers would show up...

Not really a liefeld basher...it's just too hard to miss some of the anatomical problems. It's like getting kicked in the face with some with really tiny feet.....

you can't miss it.

C

i was wondering when the Liefeld bashers would show up...

Not really a liefeld basher...it's just too hard to miss some of the anatomical problems. It's like getting kicked in the face with some with really tiny feet.....

you can't miss it.

C

Sure they can!

No one has pupils so they cant see what they are doing.

They all look like

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2007-20060721114535294.jpg

Thanks for the link.

And although I agree about the anatomical problems, when I was a kid reading comics his art flew off the page more than any other. (Jim Lee and McFarlane were, ironically, only close seconds when I was a kid.)

I'm seriously considering dumping so comics to get a page from this book, but I'm also not sure how I feel about the pricing. *sigh* Guess I have a decision to make about that.

-Rob-

I can honestly say I was never a fan in the slightest. There are a few covers of his I like, such as NM87, but I honestly never understood why he was popular even then. All style and no substance. Now I know that doesn't get me a medal or anything and I can see how if you grew up with his art, it would be fun to own as an adult.

The thing about liefeld in my view is that the more you scrutinize his art, you more you see shortcuts and ridiculous errors. Its kind of like the opposite of kirby. Somebody looking at kirby art for the first time in their life would say "THIS guy is arguably the most notable comic artist of all time? His art looks like spoon." But then that first-time kirby viewer sees another 1000 or 10,000 kirby pages and realizes Kirby was great and could draw ANYTHING and impart power and motion to EVERYTHING.

Liefeld you look at the NM87 cover and you think - "hey that's alright" and then you look at another 100 pages and think "how is THIS guy even a professional artist??"

rantrant

And although I agree about the anatomical problems, when I was a kid reading comics his art flew off the page more than any other.

Ah, Rob, you're wanting a page for exactly the right reason: You loved the original comic. Me, too. If I wasn't so strapped right now, I'd find a way to get that terrific DPS.

Back then, I didn't see any 'anatomical problems' with the artwork in NEW MUTANTS or X-FORCE and wouldn't have cared if I did. It was comic art! Liefeld's personal style contributed immensely to the power of his pages.

And although I agree about the anatomical problems, when I was a kid reading comics his art flew off the page more than any other.

Ah, Rob, you're wanting a page for exactly the right reason: You loved the original comic. Me, too. If I wasn't so strapped right now, I'd find a way to get that terrific DPS.

Back then, I didn't see any 'anatomical problems' with the artwork in NEW MUTANTS or X-FORCE and wouldn't have cared if I did. It was comic art! Liefeld's personal style contributed immensely to the power of his pages.

This sums up how I feel. His art looks different to adult eyes, but you can't beat the nostalgia factor of this one. I actually re-read X-Force recently and still liked it too. I sort of don't get sometimes why Sam Keith is celebrated due to his style but Rob Liefeld is maligned for his anatomy. Big feet good, tiny feet bad? (And yes, yes. I DO see a difference between them, just saying.)

All that aside, does anyone know if there's any other Liefeld X-Force art from later issues? I'm not sure I'm comfortable paying those prices at this time in my life. (I'd need another stack of Obama comics to feel good about it lol)

-Rob-