• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The M and more sale: Marvel Mystery Comics, More Fun, etc

396 posts in this topic

Have a 65?
yep...but I will be pricing it relative to the 4.5 on clink...I got offered $4500 for it in NY, but I had $5K on it (cgc 4.0), so will start it at $4500 here and see if any takers...

the 4.5 on clink is not selling for less than $6K, I am told, so my copy should be fairly priced at only a .5 notch lower, but $1500 cheaper (shrug)

I was hoping for a nice looking 2.0-3.0. A 4.0 is out of my price range unless you will take a year's worth of time payments. :P

MMC #3...$4000 :news:sold

mmc3-1.jpg

mmc3b-1.jpg

per PM throw this one on the stack :takeit:

:banana:

way to go young man!!! damn them are some fine funny-books you grabbed.

Thanks Billy. Its been a good start of 2009 for me. :banana: :banana:

Dern Vern!!! :o You got the fever too :applause:

Congrats on your choices brother. Between you, me and Parker we put a serious dent into the first 7 issues :banana:

ok, to start the MF run, this one is not cheap...but, with a 8.5 Ext light tan to ow page copy selling for $17500 recently, I am ok pricing this 7.5 Mod with superior pages at $15,000 (I suspect if a 7.5 blue became available, it would sell for $75K, so at 20% of that value, I am good)

mf52-1.jpg

Have a 65?
yep...but I will be pricing it relative to the 4.5 on clink...I got offered $4500 for it in NY, but I had $5K on it (cgc 4.0), so will start it at $4500 here and see if any takers...

the 4.5 on clink is not selling for less than $6K, I am told, so my copy should be fairly priced at only a .5 notch lower, but $1500 cheaper (shrug)

I was hoping for a nice looking 2.0-3.0. A 4.0 is out of my price range unless you will take a year's worth of time payments. :P

:sorry:

next is MF 53...the infamous "dizzyfox" copy... this was the former cgc 3.5 that was cracked and sold raw as I believe a 4.0, then dizzy had reslabbed it it came back a 3.0... looks great, not motivated to sell too cheap, so listing here at $6500...

mf53cgc3-1.jpg

mmc3-1.jpg

mmc3b-1.jpg

Congrats on your choices brother. Between you, me and Parker we put a serious dent into the first 7 issues :banana:

:sumo:

mmc3-1.jpg

mmc3b-1.jpg

:sumo:

he said first 7 , not 9 :baiting:

next is MF 53...the infamous "dizzyfox" copy... this was the former cgc 3.5 that was cracked and sold raw as I believe a 4.0, then dizzy had reslabbed it it came back a 3.0... looks great, not motivated to sell too cheap, so listing here at $6500...

mf53cgc3-1.jpg

:cry::sorry:

More Fun #55...1st Dr. Fate...

$3000 (exactly what I paid for it) only sale reference I was given is that a slight 8.5 sold for $3250 back in 2003...figure a fair price

mf55-1.jpg

mf53cgc3-1.jpg

:cry::sorry:

Did anyone ever follow up as to what happened? That book does not look far off my MMC #5 which is a 4.0 in similar shape.

When (which time periods) was the book graded? Does anyone have any of the old grading labels?