• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who wins GSX#1 or XM#94?

39 posts in this topic

Um, we need to define what winning means? cause reading this thread especially kind of sums up the 2 schools of comic collecting. The investor speculator collector, in which case I believe that X-Men 94 wins. Less high grade available black cover, so I think this book, even though not shown in OS has seen more $$$ associated with it in HG.

However, for the purist collector - GS#1 hands down, now I know that the pure speculators have probably never read 94, but its a POS. Count Nefaria and the animen cmon gimmie a break. Horrible cover, I know its black but compared to the significance of he GS cover, new direction breaking through the old team etc etc.

GS 1 sets the tone for years to come. Love triangle between Wolvie Jean and Cyke. Prof. X going out and recruitng the new team from around the world, which shows breif char histories and origins of each. C'mon its a no brainer.....

THe 94 vs. GS #1 goes right to the heart of the matter, are you a Collector or are you an investor. You can be both, but when the 893censored-thumb.gif hits the fan and you have to choose its either or. And if you mention 94 as even being in the same stratosphere, well then, 10_1_123.gif

i actually LOVE the cover of x94! i think its dynamic as hell. I love the gsx cover too. I love them both, i can't pick. i like the animen too..... sorry.gif

the animen also pop up in dd158, no? aren't they the official harbingers of monumentous change?

Sorry man this is just one of those "line in the sand" kinda things for me. Its either us or them etc etc.......... 893blahblah.gif

Um, we need to define what winning means? cause reading this thread especially kind of sums up the 2 schools of comic collecting. The investor speculator collector, in which case I believe that X-Men 94 wins. Less high grade available black cover, so I think this book, even though not shown in OS has seen more $$$ associated with it in HG.

However, for the purist collector - GS#1 hands down, now I know that the pure speculators have probably never read 94, but its a POS. Count Nefaria and the animen cmon gimmie a break. Horrible cover, I know its black but compared to the significance of he GS cover, new direction breaking through the old team etc etc.

GS 1 sets the tone for years to come. Love triangle between Wolvie Jean and Cyke. Prof. X going out and recruitng the new team from around the world, which shows breif char histories and origins of each. C'mon its a no brainer.....

THe 94 vs. GS #1 goes right to the heart of the matter, are you a Collector or are you an investor. You can be both, but when the 893censored-thumb.gif hits the fan and you have to choose its either or. And if you mention 94 as even being in the same stratosphere, well then,

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I like GS #1 as the more important book... also with the squarebound cover, I'd imagine it's a tough book... but apparently the 94 and black cover is also tough, so from the investment standpoint, I think it's a tough call... but from the fan standpoint.... ? GS#1 is an awesome book! and I'm not even an x-men fan, but I'm a huge fan of that particular story.

I think X-Men 94 is a tougher book to find in grade. It has the black cover plus a pretty low print run (only 119,000 copies). I don't know the circulation statement on the G.S. 1, but I'm pretty sure it's more than 119,000.00. I know there are several Giant Size 1's in 9.8 and a bunch in 9.6. However, there's only 1 94 in 9.8 and only 13 in 9.6, pretty rare for a bronze age book from 1975.

I like the story in 94 better than the one in G.S. 1. Overall, I think it's a better book, even though G.S. 1 is the true first appearance of the new X-Men.

Captain Tripps

I think X-Men 94 is a tougher book to find in grade. It has the black cover plus a pretty low print run (only 119,000 copies). I don't know the circulation statement on the G.S. 1, but I'm pretty sure it's more than 119,000.00. I know there are several Giant Size 1's in 9.8 and a bunch in 9.6. However, there's only 1 94 in 9.8 and only 13 in 9.6, pretty rare for a bronze age book from 1975.

I like the story in 94 better than the one in G.S. 1. Overall, I think it's a better book, even though G.S. 1 is the true first appearance of the new X-Men.

Captain Tripps

There's an X-Men #94 CGC 9.8? I don't see it on the Census. confused-smiley-013.gif

Gene

If the 1st X-men 94 cgc 9.8 has been newly slabbed would it be "worth" as much as a Hulk 181 cgc 9.8 at auction? Perhaps someone trying to complete a trifecta of Hulk 181, X-men 94, Gt Sz X-men 1 in cgc 9.8 would bid CRAZY $$$. sumo.gif

I think I just heard the collective scream of a number of 9.6 owners who were pleased to own "the highest graded copy".

I think I just heard the collective scream of a number of 9.6 owners who were pleased to own "the highest graded copy".
Suckers! 893frustrated.gif

Suckers! 893frustrated.gif

Are you talking about the Marvel Zombie sheep that you love to fleece time and again? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

smirk.gif

Pike,

Sorry, I don't have a scanner. I think I'm eventually going to get one but I'm lazy

and haven't even thought about it until I recently got onto the Registry.

The book is killer, with ow to w paper. It has very tiny (less than 1/16th inch) back cover wrap onto the front. However, it's perfect and straight up the spine.

Again, considering there a 69 GS 1's to 13 94's, it's obviously a tougher book to find in grade. But as to a better book, it's totally subjective. I really like the story in 94 better, though.

Tripps