• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Avengers 57 CGC 9.2-----Thread CLOSED.

13 posts in this topic

So don't leave us hanging, which one was it? Did you change or your wants? :popcorn:

btw, nice book and good luck with the sale & changes!

Thanks guys.

I have always loved the Avengers as they were the first comic I ever bought with my own money, #139 to be exact. However, I am a pre-code horror/crime guy. I have loved those books since the late 70's yet never had the funds to buy or the means to find any of them. When I started going to some shows in the mid/late 80's I was able to pick up a copy here and there. I was always holding out for high grade copies, therefore my purchases were few and far between. I was too young a collector to realize that alot of the books simply don't exist in high grade. I moved on to other genres because of that fact, but I still longed for the cool horror books of the 50's that I had only seen in the OPG. When I decided to give it another try, knowledge gleaned from the boards helped me to narrow my focus and decide what to pursue. I have sold alot of my collection, which is something that I never thought I would do. I was truly attached to my books, but once some of them were gone, it was ok. I moved on. I feel that this was when I truly matured as a collector. With that said, there are alot of books that I am working on right now. I have sold a few books which is allowing me to pick up some truly sweet copies of desired titles. Not all are pre-codes. A few are late silver and a few are early bronze, but they are books I have wanted for a long time. Books that I want more than the ones I sold to get them. Like I said, I have changed. I feel that it is a good thing though and have built a small collection of pre-codes and other silver/bronze high grades that I am truly proud of. My collection would not hold a candle to alot of the people on these boards, but I don't begrudge them in the least. More power to them as it makes me happy for a fellow collector to see and read/hear their excitement over a book that means alot to them. That is what makes our hobby great.....there are alot of choices on what we can collect. I just happen to concentrate on the pre-code era now and don't see that changing anytime in the future.

Scott

Thank you Alex.....

I have talked it over with a few of my buddies on here and we agree that prices realized on CLink are not prices that will be realized here on the boards. With that in mind, I am going to reduce this book to about 5 dollars less than the last one sold and reported to GPA.

The price for the book is now 795.......and a hell of a deal.

Also, the X-Men 58 CGC 9.2 OW/W that I posted yesterday is now priced at

Ask me if you want a scan again or simply search in the Sale thread a page or so back.

These books are priced to move folks.

Scott