• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice on an Avengers 4 i bought off ebay...

55 posts in this topic

Basically the seller advertised as a 9.4 slightly restored with the cgc label. However the book was not in a case. I got the book and from all appearances it looked like a 9.4. I sent it to cgc it came back as a 9.0 with slight restoration-but more restoration than the seller had disclosed in his auction. Is it right to ask for a refund?

If you got the book with a restored 9.4 label and it looked 9.4 to you, it doesn't sound like they pulled any tricks. When books are deslabbed and regraded anything could happen. Heck, you could have ended up with a 9.6.

That said, if they will give you your money back, take it and run and be careful on future purchases. The reason a book not in a slab sells for less than one that is graded is because there are many fewer guarantees and protections. Be cautious. And welcome to the boards, this is a great place to get an education and share your thoughts on your favorite books.

damn, I feel bad i got suckered!! Is the same guy as robo jo??

No it's not Robojo33 that sold you the comic. I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that I sold you this comic. You should know who you paid, and it wasn't me.

I've never offered an Avengers #4 in apparent NM with a CGC 9.4 label included or images in the listing. Not on eBay or anywhere else.

I've offered a raw GL #11 with a CGC 8.5 label that was once slabbed with it, and a raw AS #37 with a CGC 9.2 label that was once slabbed with it. The AS #37 was graded 9.4 Universal when it was submitted by the buyer, it's actually part of my feedback.

I know exactly who sold you the Avengers #4 with the CGC 9.4 label and it wasn't me. Please check your records.

All work on any comics I offer is fully disclosed. No more or no less than all.

Each and every unrestored comic that I offer can be counted upon to be returned blue, without exception.

My unrestored comics overwhelmingly come back blue labeled and my restored comics have every procedure faithfully disclosed. They do not come back with more restoration than I disclosed.

With 100+ witch hunters watching every move I make, I've become the best restoration detection expert in the hobby.

Im sorry...just new to all of this..trying to make sense...I understand if someone has a RAW copy of a book with an old cgc label..BUT....to not disclose ALL restoration is wrong...and evidently CGC stated there was more going on...But, how common is it to have a book come back from CGC re submitted so many points off?? I mean a 9.4 to a 9.0?? Is cgc that RELATIVE? If so, how can we trust them?