• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC '10 - It's Never Too Early!

855 posts in this topic

Where the is tiny Lauren?

Where the is Greggy? I've been looking all over for you at the Con. So have a few fellow boardies.

check dale roberts' booth

I had a horrible time... shoulder to shoulder with everyone. Like Danny Glover says (repeatedly) in the LETHAL WEAPON movies... I'm getting too old for this sh*t!

I only started enjoying myself when I settled down and dug through the old comic boxes. Scored a stack of cheapo romance books (Mister X, was that you that I was working in tandem with?) and a few nice books from Abrams Publishing.

Once I settled down, it was OK but it was a bit too over whelming, overcrowded and overpriced for my tastes!

:popcorn:

I left at 1. Too crowded!

Yeah, my friend and I were out by 3pm, proud I lasted that long. We were on our feet from 8am, and it got pretty insane around 1pm. What a crowd.

I had been up since 4:30am, and left Baltimore by 5am. The crowd was fine until 12:30/1pm. I didn't even go to my press things. Someone told me around 77 thousand people went to this convention!

Yeah, my friend and I were out by 3pm, proud I lasted that long. We were on our feet from 8am, and it got pretty insane around 1pm. What a crowd.

I had been up since 4:30am, and left Baltimore by 5am. The crowd was fine until 12:30/1pm. I didn't even go to my press things. Someone told me around 77 thousand people went to this convention!

Yup, I heard 77k myself. I'm not sure if you remember me or not, but I was the really tall guy standing next to you at Dale Roberts booth first thing on Saturday morning. I recognized you from the Baltimore jersey...congrats on the win today. You guys beat my Broncos bad. :(

Yup, I heard 77k myself. I'm not sure if you remember me or not, but I was the really tall guy standing next to you at Dale Roberts booth first thing on Saturday morning. I recognized you from the Baltimore jersey...congrats on the win today. You guys beat my Broncos bad. :(

Oh, I do remeber ya! How nifty keen!

I was gonna go to the game, but my sister decided last minute to go. I'm glad she did, I've been having trouble walking around today. D:

It was a mad house pretty much all weekend! How do you outgrow the Javits Center??!! Plus, for my money there could have been more focus on COMICS. It seems that every year the Comic in ComicCon gets diminished. To some extent I can understand it but the hard core collector in me thinks that there should have been twice as much space for comic dealers.

It WAS nice though to meet some of the people from the boards! Eithout exception a great bunch!

Mitch

I had a horrible time... shoulder to shoulder with everyone. Like Danny Glover says (repeatedly) in the LETHAL WEAPON movies... I'm getting too old for this sh*t!

I know JUST how you feel. May I suggest a hearty dinner and a stiff drink. That's what I'm doing! :)

It was a mad house pretty much all weekend! How do you outgrow the Javits Center??!! Plus, for my money there could have been more focus on COMICS. It seems that every year the Comic in ComicCon gets diminished. To some extent I can understand it but the hard core collector in me thinks that there should have been twice as much space for comic dealers.

It WAS nice though to meet some of the people from the boards! Eithout exception a great bunch!

Mitch

I think the convention is simply not using Javits to it's full potential. I'm not as familiar with that convention center as I am the Baltimore one, but Javits appears to have tons of space.

You are correct. Javits has more than enough space for the people that attended. One of the biggest problems is the ongoing construction and the need to split the floor in two. From what I hear it will be at least another year before they are complete with that so it is likely that we will have the same space issue next year.

I also think that the Reed people need to set up some sort of "traffic" system that encourages people to walk up and down clearly marked paths. I am sure that would help with the crowd issue as well.

All-in-all, the turnout and enthusiasm that this con has been met with can only bode well for the future of comic cons in NY. It's been far too long since NY had a serious comic con, and this one is serious. Sure, there's some wrinkles to iron out, but it's certainly improved since the debacle the first con was. I bought a great book, spend a ton of money, and had a blast. It's easier to enjoy a show like this if you spread it out over the full 3 days. I can understand people who try to do it in one day being frustrated by the crowds. Still, it's a heck of an improvement over what we've had until now.

Bravo to the organizers :golfclap:

All-in-all, the turnout and enthusiasm that this con has been met with can only bode well for the future of comic cons in NY. It's been far too long since NY had a serious comic con, and this one is serious. Sure, there's some wrinkles to iron out, but it's certainly improved since the debacle the first con was. I bought a great book, spend a ton of money, and had a blast. It's easier to enjoy a show like this if you spread it out over the full 3 days. I can understand people who try to do it in one day being frustrated by the crowds. Still, it's a heck of an improvement over what we've had until now.

Bravo to the organizers :golfclap:

I would agree with that statement. There were some definite high points. Especially the Golden Age panel on Saturday. And I would be remiss if I did not mention that almost every dealer was extermely friendly and easy to deal with.

That's good to hear. They put in a LONG weekend.

Members of this board who had tables are probably still working.

Could be the reason we're the only people posting. :blush:

Hope they report doing well :wishluck: