• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC '10 - It's Never Too Early!

855 posts in this topic

Where the is tiny Lauren?
:popcorn:

I left at 1. Too crowded!

:cry:

I even tried to look for you after pestering Doc and Dale. :sorry:

I stayed at Dale's booth from 1-3 PM waiting for you to come back. :cry:

Where the is tiny Lauren?
:popcorn:

I left at 1. Too crowded!

:cry:

I even tried to look for you after pestering Doc and Dale. :sorry:

I stayed at Dale's booth from 1-3 PM waiting for you to come back. :cry:

But you got to meet me!

lol

No one introduced me to you so :mad:

Saturday was just bonkers! I can't believe the crowds all day long. Lotta fun, glad to get a chance to hang with some boardies again.

Highlight was meeting Stan the Man finally! What a nice guy. Got a great pic of me him and my son together.

I only started enjoying myself when I settled down and dug through the old comic boxes. Scored a stack of cheapo romance books (Mister X, was that you that I was working in tandem with?)

lol

Yeah, maybe! (I kind of resemble my avatar. Maybe not as bald or skinny, though.)

I noticed alot of DC romance at the show, but nobody seemed to have a copy of Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love #2 (probably cuz some hack named Neal Adams drew the cover...)

I was actually hunting for Marvel romance this time around and came up mostly empty. Many dealers had no stock at all. I did manage to find a VF- Our Love Story 10, so I was happy with that.

For some mysterious reason, nobody had a Master of Kung Fu #21 either...

Chuckie R. was saying they surpassed SDCC in attendance...............opinions? hm

I've never been to SDCC, but the Saturday crowd was very, very large.

After I left the building, I noticed a lot of people just hanging around outside because they couldn't get a ticket. (They didn't have badges, so I'm making an educated guess...)

All-in-all, the turnout and enthusiasm that this con has been met with can only bode well for the future of comic cons in NY. It's been far too long since NY had a serious comic con, and this one is serious. Sure, there's some wrinkles to iron out, but it's certainly improved since the debacle the first con was. I bought a great book, spend a ton of money, and had a blast. It's easier to enjoy a show like this if you spread it out over the full 3 days. I can understand people who try to do it in one day being frustrated by the crowds. Still, it's a heck of an improvement over what we've had until now.

Bravo to the organizers :golfclap:

On behalf of the exhibitors and the ReedPOP team . . . thank you.

It was a mad house pretty much all weekend! How do you outgrow the Javits Center??!! Plus, for my money there could have been more focus on COMICS. It seems that every year the Comic in ComicCon gets diminished. To some extent I can understand it but the hard core collector in me thinks that there should have been twice as much space for comic dealers.

It WAS nice though to meet some of the people from the boards! Eithout exception a great bunch!

Mitch

Hey Holmes - thanks for coming out to the show and your candid thoughts.

It is a tough balancing act. We do not discourage retailer participation but think of it like this. We want the best retailers with the best inventory with a lot of material for our collectors.

It was a mad house pretty much all weekend! How do you outgrow the Javits Center??!! Plus, for my money there could have been more focus on COMICS. It seems that every year the Comic in ComicCon gets diminished. To some extent I can understand it but the hard core collector in me thinks that there should have been twice as much space for comic dealers.

It WAS nice though to meet some of the people from the boards! Eithout exception a great bunch!

Mitch

I think the convention is simply not using Javits to it's full potential. I'm not as familiar with that convention center as I am the Baltimore one, but Javits appears to have tons of space.

Thanks for coming to the show and your valuable input. I see what you are saying. I'm thinking with over 320 panels, Stage, the need for queing halls, private room rentals, etc., we lose space that could maybe help the crowding.

Chuckie R. was saying they surpassed SDCC in attendance...............opinions? hm

SDCC is really on another level altogether. The SD convention center is so incredibly gigantic and it's filled to the brim throughout entire the convention. You can wait for hours to get into the panels. The NYCC is still tame in comparison.

But it's getting bigger.

SDCC is really on another level altogether. The SD convention center is so incredibly gigantic and it's filled to the brim throughout entire the convention. You can wait for hours to get into the panels. The NYCC is still tame in comparison.

But it's getting bigger.

Got that right Ricky. They are a respected institution and and something you work with for the industry, not against. SDCC has a lot going on in the Gas Lamp area and hotels that if it were my guess it is not even counted for.