• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blazing Bob Storms talking High Grade CGC comics on Comic Geek Speak podcast

33 posts in this topic

Wow, two threads about my interview.

I was referred to this website by a very good friend of mine. When I heard the number of unique users I thought it would be a good idea to see if I could tap into a new audience. I have to admit I am not a podcast guy but after meeting these guys I was very interested in their site.

I agree that not everybody is a high grade collector and frankly we can come across as perfectionists, anal retentive and somewhat difficult to deal with. It was fun to go back and explain how I started, what I've bought and sold. I'm not really sure they would have known my sense of humor if I did a "Bad Bob" interview. Now that would have been funny. Somehow for those who know me I'm probably exactly where I belong in the comic book universe.

You never know where that next great customer can come from. I've met a lot of them on the boards, at little shows and who knows who I will meet from that site.

I was referred to this website by a very good friend of mine. When I heard the number of unique users I thought it would be a good idea to see if I could tap into a new audience. I have to admit I am not a podcast guy but after meeting these guys I was very interested in their site.

I agree that not everybody is a high grade collector and frankly we can come across as perfectionists, anal retentive and somewhat difficult to deal with. It was fun to go back and explain how I started, what I've bought and sold. I'm not really sure they would have known my sense of humor if I did a "Bad Bob" interview. Now that would have been funny. Somehow for those who know me I'm probably exactly where I belong in the comic book universe.

You never know where that next great customer can come from. I've met a lot of them on the boards, at little shows and who knows who I will meet from that site.

:applause: :applause:

You are a wise man Bob Storms, a wise azz also. But still know the hobby well, and are a great dealer IMO (thumbs u

20% discount next show :wishluck:

:jokealert:

Bob, so how was the whole experience, you liked it??

Bob, so how was the whole experience, you liked it??

No, he loved it...now about that autobiography "My Cousin Vinny"....

The education I get from Storms is Priceless.

I feel very lucky to get to work with him as an employee of HighGrade Comics.

I owe him alot.

(worship)

Bob,

Nice interview!

I didn't know you attended HeroesCon...when? And exactly what kind of crowd does that venue attract? hm

I was surprised at the amount of general CGC questions they had...at one point I could almost hear Bad Bob say "Get CGC's arse in here if that's the focus of this interview!" lol

When I'm done with my horror collection and want to buy ubber hg keys, you will be my man. :foryou:

great episode. but it's interesting how those guys from Comic Geek Speak must eat, sleep and breathe comics but seem to know so little about the back issue market.

That's why I quit downloading it. I will read, watch, or listen to almost anything comic related, but their interests were completely different than mine. Specifically their distaste for older back issues, which is my passion. I think the episode that did it was when they were discussing how they hated Golden Age comics, and one guy said he cringes every time he sees a Golden Age cover with the big, bold lettering and the bright colors. That podcast was dead to me after that.