• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blazing Bob Storms talking High Grade CGC comics on Comic Geek Speak podcast

33 posts in this topic

I'm listening to this now and this has been an enjoyable conversation to listen to. I don't think anything groundbreaking that A.Typical boardie wouldn't be aware of, but definitely worth a listen.

I have to admit, I wasn't really aware of this podcast. (I do tend to ignore podcasts.) But I'll probably start listening to it.

Thanks for posting this-- and GOOD job. I think you did an excellent job of explaining the whole HG end of things for people who aren't into that niche.

-Rob-

great episode. but it's interesting how those guys from Comic Geek Speak must eat, sleep and breathe comics but seem to know so little about the back issue market.

Great point. In 30 years those guys will be experts on the back issue market.

Got off listening to the episode and thought that it was a good interview and Bob came off as having a good sense of humour. I went straight into their back episodes and stumbled across a great Star Wars vs Star Trek debate.

Have a listen

http://www.comicgeekspeak.com/episodes/comic_geek_speak-443.php

Ioannis

great episode. but it's interesting how those guys from Comic Geek Speak must eat, sleep and breathe comics but seem to know so little about the back issue market.

It's a good lesson for people who go on about the size and attendance at conventions when talking about the future of the back issue market. The high-end collectors of this hobby are in the vast minority.

It's a good lesson for people who go on about the size and attendance at conventions when talking about the future of the back issue market. The high-end collectors of this hobby are in the vast minority.

That seems to be the case. What's even more odd is I don't consider myself a HG backissue collector, but compared to these guys I am. I wonder if they're TRULY representative of the community as a whole or if they're just as rare as a HG collector. I think the vast majority must lie somewhere in the middle (ie collectors like me) but I may be more toward the high end spectrum than I realize even absent Timelys.

-Rob-

The high-end collectors of this hobby are in the vast minority.

Maybe so, but we gots the money, we gots the power, we gots the women! :banana:

And we got the best comics (thumbs u

Except the Captain no longer has the goods. Except that one sweet ASM #121--symbolic of a redemptive future.