• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 1 low grade sets new high...

23 posts in this topic

G- (1.8) $960

The previous high recorded for GP for a 1.8 was $879, with 3 others all selling a little below $700.

Some 2.0s and 2.5s have gone for less...

eBay page

I was going to try to snipe for $650-$700... crazy.gif

I'm never going to get a reader of my grail now it seems...

The movie hype is hitting 18 months before the fact! frown.gif

Get your POS FF 1s on eBay now guys and clean up!

edit:I'm the current high bidder on this one for a few seconds anyways: 27_laughing.gif

Thrill Bid!

How low are you willing to go in grade? My buddy has a cgc 1.0 he was looking to sell, doesn't look too bad all things considered but the cover is detached at the staples. He also has a 4.5 but I assume that's a higher grade than you need.

cheers,

Dan

Shhhh...! blush.gif

Maybe no one will notice it! gossip.gif

27_laughing.gif

I had planned $650-$700 for the 1.8 and a grand for the 2.5 (based on GP) but after seeing this $1500 wouldn't surprise me for the 2.5.

Some fellow here who just bought 30,000 comics wink.gif, who I just PMed tonight said there were many early FFs (no 1 though) so I might spend the grand on a FF 2 and 5 and the others I need.

G- (1.8) $960

The previous high recorded for GP for a 1.8 was $879, with 3 others all selling a little below $700.

Some 2.0s and 2.5s have gone for less...

eBay page

I was going to try to snipe for $650-$700... crazy.gif

I'm never going to get a reader of my grail now it seems...

The movie hype is hitting 18 months before the fact! frown.gif

Get your POS FF 1s on eBay now guys and clean up!

edit:I'm the current high bidder on this one for a few seconds anyways: 27_laughing.gif

Thrill Bid!

If you're looking for a low-grade FF 1 under $1k, I'd suggest keeping your eye on low-grade raw copies on ebay with nice scans and offered by a seller with a solid feedback/return policy. Ask for a big scan upfront if it's not already there, and you might also enquire if they would guarantee the book against restoration, telling them you would like CGC to do the resto check. In low-grade books, I don't mind a little resto and if you can find a copy with a hit of CT, or cleaned/pressed, or some other minor resto like "cover reinforced", that's another alternative.

Or, you could wait for the Great Comic Book Market Crash of 2004 that's been predicted here for several months and pick up a copy later for what, $5? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Or, you could wait for the Great Comic Book Market Crash of 2004 that's been predicted here for several months and pick up a copy later for what, $5?

Alternatively, you could more wisely invest your $5 in a nice run of an upcoming title like say....Dazzler. grin.giftongue.gif

Aces, When did you Start to Look for a Low Grade (Good Minus or Better) Copy on eBay?? I Bought what I would Consider at Least a Good Plus Copy (Probably a Little Better, Really Closer to a VG) a Couple of Years ago for around $550. At the Time I DID Think I got a Good Deal, But Good Copies were (at Least in My Views) consistently only bringing in around $750-$800 Last Year on ebay. Early this Year I Did Get what I would Consider a FAIR (Possibly a FAIR +) Copy for Less that $200 on eBay. Again I DID get a Good Deal (Yep it Had a Cover and was Complete), But Both Times I Kind of Happened Upon these Auctions. Keep Looking it will Turn Up, for a Price you can Live with!!

Just recently.

I've been collecting FF for some time now and have gotten to were I need only 1 and 2 (and a few upgrades). I picked up 3, 5, 11, 12 and some others I needed over the last year.

I think I might buy a GRR of 1 and just wait out the current sellers market. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That #2 is a PAIN, I Recently Paid OVER $300 for a Basically Good Copy (It was sold to Me as a Borderline VG, NOPE). But That # always seems to Bring OVER Guide on eBay (Especially Low Grade), It's a TOUGH Book in ANY Grade but especially HIGH-Grade.. I would Buy a LOW Grade #1 RAW, You'll eventually turn up a Good Deal.