• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Coincidence with tonights Heritage Win

6 posts in this topic

Just a short story

Been tracking a lot of 32 Promotional comics all week. Only interested in the 4 Kite Fun Books in the lot. I collect all Kite Fun Books by utility, and since they weren't pictured, didn't know what exactly I was bidding on

Heritage Lot Link

This is where it get's strange. Place a bid fotr $410 and went out to dinner. On the way back, saw a Crown Books and my wife asked to stop. It was in an old Ralphs grocery story, just left over stuff from their store closing. Looking about and came across an overstreet price guide. year 2000 edition for $6.99. I don't have any overstreets at home any more, since I only collect Kite Fun Books don't really need, but they are interesting to brouse.

Looking through the pictures, found out this was the edition when Promo comics got their own section. A bunch of the color pictures were Kite Fun Books. The lot of Kite Fun Books I bought last year were represented, and 3 from the lot tonight. I was buying the promo comics that had been imaged for inclusion in the 2000 price guide!

Discovered that the Woody Woodpecker in the lot was from "Gulf State Utilites," of which I don't have on my list of utilites for kite fun books. The Huckleberry Hound had a blank indicia box, which are some of my favorites (I have 8 different with blank indicia box, including Donald Duck, but Huck wasn't on the list of ones I knew existed.) Brer is pictured as SCE.

Some of the other promos in the lot are also pictured.

This made the lot much more interesting. Had to rush home to up my maximum bid. Discovered my $410 bid had been reached. But know the wife was watching closely. Luckly, even though I almost doubled my maximum, still got for $410..

All together, a good weekend here at the home of Kite Fun Books.

Thanks for sharing the story and glad you got the lot!

Given how narrow you focus is, I'm sure this was a big night for you!

Congratulations, KFB, and thanks for the interesting background story. It's great to see specialized long term collectors like you win this kind of stuff. Seeing your enthusiasm, I am really glad it was you who landed that blank label Donald Duck version - that was a fantastic book. Given everything that's going on, I wonder if we might be seeing a Florida version for sale soon...