• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watchmen prices? (Raw)

16 posts in this topic

What are these books selling for right now, at shows or stores? I'm interested in raw prices. I see that Mycomicshop and Mile High are sold out of many of the issues, including #1s. 1986 is generally too "new" for me to be up on prices but I still have all the copies that Don Thompson told us to buy back in the day.

I know ebay prices have been good but am most interested in show prices or are they even readily available at shows?

I was talking to one of the other dealers about this at the last Boston show, and he commented that he is actively selling decent copies for about $10 each across the whole run.

I had a nice NM- average run I sold to chainnball last year for $40. Yes, should have held onto it a bit longer... doh!

$10 at a show is what I was thinking but online retailers like Lone Star seem to going for $20.

However, how many zillions of copies will be present at Wondercon this weekend?

Watchmen # 1's in nice solid vf+ to nm, as in solid books but you arent going to slab them, are the easiest book on the planet to sell at $20 each at shows.

I am surprised at the lowball numbers listed on thread, for months now they have been as easy to sell as a Wolverine # 1 at $20 each.

Five years ago I was buying piles of Watchmen books (I ended up with a longbox full of high grade copies for less than a $20 outlay) from a guy on Ebay. :cloud9:

I was, needless to say, happy to learn of the movie's development.