• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You want to know something REALLY cool?

56 posts in this topic

I sold a book (a tomato boxer) to Gene Colan tonight . . . :acclaim:

Pretty awesome, if you ask me. :)

:applause:

Maybe you can get Mr. Colan on here to talk to us and fill us in on how he's doing......

I'd settle for a thank you note :cloud9:

Yeah (thumbs u What I don't understand is how all the krappy threads go on for pages and pages :sick: and a really cool thread (read: this one) only makes it to two :)

so what are the details? How did you end up selling this book to Gene Colan? was it in person or online? and how did you find out it was him if online? hm

Yeah (thumbs u What I don't understand is how all the krappy threads go on for pages and pages :sick: and a really cool thread (read: this one) only makes it to two :)

I think sometimes i"ve got to much time on my hands... :boo: (the tomato,not the boo!)

so what are the details? How did you end up selling this book to Gene Colan? was it in person or online? and how did you find out it was him if online? hm

With all due respect to Mr. Colan's privacy, you'll just have to take me at my word (and my personal giddiness) :)

Wow David, that is very very cool and a sweet looking book. (thumbs u

This doesn't compare to your artist and I bought three books off

Mike Zeck and he was selling some of his collection on e-bay.

I sent off an e-mail about how much I admired Mike's work and he

replied with a very nice e-mail and seemed like a great guy that

appreciated his fans.

I also sold a copy of TTA 57 to Modern artist Aaron Lopresti on

e-bay and we exchanged e-mails back and forth for a while. I was

in one of my LCS and on the wall he had a big framed sketch of

Batman and the Joker that Aaron had done for him at one of the

SDCCs. I e-mailed Aaron again and he remembered the owner very

well and described this beautiful drawing perfectly.

I think it's very cool doing any business with a creator of comic

books and can't wait for my first big con in the USA and watching

the artists draw. :luhv:

Nice one David and thanks for sharing. :)

With all due respect to Mr. Colan's privacy, you'll just have to take me at my word (and my personal giddiness) :)

It sure would be nice to have an invoice of the sale to him and signed by him to put on the wall (thumbs u