• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The CGC 9.4 Hot Potato ( or is that Potatoe?)

23 posts in this topic

Stumpy mustang is hoping Santa brings him an MBA for Christmas I think. Here is what he sold his Golden Record Reprint for yesterday Nice job Stumpster

alas,.. here is what he paid for it last week...... But why Stumps?

Flip books with a little intelligence people....jeeez. smirk.gif

The guys ID is stumpy mustang...

That just doesn't even sound intelligent.

I'm gonna send him a note telling him I am selling NM copies of X-Men 1 for only $800 apiece(because I need the cash) and see if I can get him to bite. devil.gif

What year do you expect that his reserve WILL be met????smirk.gif

It depends on what the reserve is, obviously. If it's around what he paid for it last week, then the possbility is obviously there since there was an underbidder at $600. If he wants more, he might have to wait.

I sort of assumed that his reserve was what he paid for it, I might be wrong, but I have a shiny new quarter that I will wage he never sells this book for more than he paid for it. I only think it is funny because he obviously bought it as a speculator, and not as a collector. Unless he collects things to hold for a week.

news.gif...At least give the guy credit for trying...you may be surprised for what he actually sells it for...and if he does take a loss then hopefully he learns from it and moves on....trust me...been there done that...

Howzabout this....I'll give this guy a shiny new quarter for at least having the ballz to try to make money...

I sort of assumed that his reserve was what he paid for it, I might be wrong, but I have a shiny new quarter that I will wage he never sells this book for more than he paid for it. I only think it is funny because he obviously bought it as a speculator, and not as a collector. Unless he collects things to hold for a week.

You could be right. Another copy in that grade sold for about $500 recently, so he probably paid too much. Time will tell.

There are other possibilities beyond "speculation," by the way. He could have bought it and then realized he can't afford it. Or, since no one accepts returns on CGC books, he could have gotten the book, seen it really was a "hot potato" in the form of an overgraded or damaged- in- the holder book and wanted to get rid of it as soon as he could. Both happen often enough.

Or he could just be an insufficiently_thoughtful_person flipper. grin.gif Trying to FLIP books bought from the "King of Flippers" himself, Mark Wilson, is a basically impossible line of work.

Or he could just be an insufficiently_thoughtful_person flipper. grin.gif Trying to FLIP books bought from the "King of Flippers" himself, Mark Wilson, is a basically impossible line of work.

I'd like to see a flipping death match between him and our very own g-man. My money's on the G-ster! thumbsup2.gif

Nothing except the speed he is trying to flip the book, I found it amusing. he is either a knucklehead ( I find that amusing sometimes) or he is a scumbag ( there was something wrong with the book when he got it , NO scan in his listing), and he is trying to get rid of the book without disclosing it. Do you think that a reprint is valuable because it is in perfect condition? I sure don't, but I really don't begrudge the people who do. Do I have a problem with buy low, sell high, NO. I just think his MO is buy high, sell HIGH (as in sniff sniff, inhale, needle). hi.gif