• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just came back from seeing WATCHMEN

15 posts in this topic

i just saw watchmen (english language version) at the austrian press screening and i have to say: i liked it. i think they did the comic justice. i read the book years ago so i can't remember everything that was not in the movie. but it's never possible to put everything in a movie. there were many scenes from the comic which came alive on screen 1:1. the effects were great, so was the soundtrack. some very brutal scenes in it as well (not for kids). running time about 160 minutes. i think it's a winner but don't know if non-comic book fans will like it so much.

oh yes, silk spectre was hot :-)

I'm greatly encouraged by all these reports of brutality and uncomfortable scenes :cloud9:

I hear ya, as if they tried to lighten the Alan Moore story so the movie could achieve some lower viewing rating, this was just not going to be the gritty situation of the book.

This was great news.

i liked it. i think they did the comic justice.

Fixed that for you, or otherwise folks are going to assume you are Zach Snyder hiding on our board.

Now if you are, well, then can we talk about some other comic franchises to consider? Maybe "The Elementals" to do an off-the-wall independent comic film?

i just saw watchmen (english language version) at the austrian press screening and i have to say: i liked it. i think they did the comic justice. i read the book years ago so i can't remember everything that was not in the movie. but it's never possible to put everything in a movie. there were many scenes from the comic which came alive on screen 1:1. the effects were great, so was the soundtrack. some very brutal scenes in it as well (not for kids). running time about 160 minutes. i think it's a winner but don't know if non-comic book fans will like it so much.

This is good to hear... it seems like the early reviews are more good than bad. A week from Friday can't come quick enough for me. I already told my wife I'm taking the afternoon off and we're going.

The two obvious questions I ask you are

on a scale of 1 to 10 what do you rate it?

is it better then Dark Knight?

BlackLantern, are you planning on reading the comic again now that you have seen it?

yes, if i find the time between every other books i want to read. it would be very interesting. i already flipped through the comic and there are many scenes in the movie, with the exact dialog from the comic.

The two obvious questions I ask you are

on a scale of 1 to 10 what do you rate it?

is it better then Dark Knight?

hm, if dark knight is a 9 on my scale, i would give watchmen 8 or 8.5. but maybe that's because i like batman more and so it was great to see a really good batman movie. i think there will be many fans who will find watchmen the better movie or at least equal to dark knight.

one thing is for sure: after watchmen, even christopher nolan has to find a way to top the violence and dark atmosphere from watchmen. never before has a movie about superheroes been so bloody. and i think all the fans have to thank the dark knight for making this possible. the studio would have never allowed the movie to have an R-rating, if dark knight hadn't been so successfull.

Well that's one thing they've changed from the comics then :)

Movie sounds just my cup of tea. I'm greatly encouraged by all these reports of brutality and uncomfortable scenes :cloud9:

Maybe this will bring a modern day Dr. Wertham out of the woodwork to investigate comic book content again. :devil: