• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See Those Funny Animal Books!
2 2

1,993 posts in this topic

no? then how about an early SuperKatt cover?

scan584.jpg

Wow! Very cool!

Did Creston become ACG, or were they two separate and distinct companies?

???

Edited by Hepcat

Wow! Very cool!

Did Creston become ACG, or were they two separate and distinct companies?

???

by this time Creston was just an imprint of ACG. It was supposedly a separate company bought by ACG, but I don't remember the details. All of the books we call "ACG" have other imprints on the indicia.

“Does anyone collect Felix from the Toby era? There are some nice covers there. How are the stories?”

This 1991 Hamilton reprint features some great Toby work, showcasing Otto Messmer. I was disappointed in the collecting community when poor sales made them back off from the proposed albums 2 and 3… The stories are FAB!

img1800.jpg

This 1991 Hamilton reprint features some great Toby work, showcasing Otto Messmer. I was disappointed in the collecting community when poor sales made them back off from the proposed albums 2 and 3… The stories are FAB!

img1800.jpg

Neat! Thanks for bringing that book to my attention!

(thumbs u

“Does anyone collect Felix from the Toby era? There are some nice covers there. How are the stories?”

img1800.jpg

There is also this recent (last few months) reprint. I have a copy but ... no time to read it :P

51CRyKSSubL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

You can check out the video review at Amazon (user generated) to see the innards of the book. His is the hardcover, I believe I have the softcover :shrug:

Amazon Linky

I do have one book from 1946, that may be a bit obscure.

Wow! Not only obscure but wild. Funny animal leopards are scarce!

Here are scans of some of my own Fox and the Crow comics:

FoxCrow54.jpg

FoxCrow65.jpg

FoxCrow82.jpg

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

Here are scans of some of my own Fox and the Crow comics:

Mostly sellers' scans and photos of all sorts. Obviously not worried about high grades.

RealScreen2-1.jpg

RealScr7-1.jpg

RealScreen12-1.jpg

RealScreen27.jpg

realscreen41.jpg

RealScreen72.jpg

RealScreen91.jpg

RealScreen125.jpg

FoxCrow4-1.jpg

FoxandCrow18-1.jpg

FoxCrow56-1.jpg

FoxCrow70.jpg

FoxCrow91-1.jpg

Jack

Admittedly the tail end of the Atomic Age (and what's a 15¢ cover doing in Gold?), but I don't think that Sheldon Mayer's Three Mouseketeers have shown up here yet.

I like the page from #3 with a guest appearance from Spike, who has learned to talk!

Jack

ThreeMousek1.jpg

ThreeMousek3.jpg

ThreeMousek3Spike.jpg

ThreeMousek4.jpg

ThreeMousek9.jpg

Wonderfully drawn and colored:

ThreeMousek13.jpg

ThreeMousek15.jpg

ThreeMousek26.jpg