• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics # 1 [6.0] Unrestored up up and away!

1,020 posts in this topic

we know. but 10M today is worth the gamble that it wont be worth even more or that youd regret it.,, and as posted, it DOES point out that there IS a price, and we are just "negotiating!" was that Wilde, btw?

I dont sell in large part because I feel they are still worth holding onto. The current market madness does scare me though. People are paying prices as if they think prices will never go down, ever! Sounds like another bubble recently burst to everyones amazement. Not that the thinly traded comics market absent flimsy loans etc etc remotely resembles the real estate market. Just the happy safe warm feeling that you can pay whatever price it takes and only make money later part.

yep

at 260k isnt that at double guide right now?

Considering the book and the circumstances, I think we can throw the Guide away and just laugh carelessly.

Can we laugh maniacally instead? It's more fun.

at 260k isnt that at double guide right now?

Considering the book and the circumstances, I think we can throw the Guide away and just laugh carelessly.

Can we laugh maniacally instead? It's more fun.

Well, I'm more evil than you, but if you ingest some bad Kryptonite, I suppose you could, too. :)

This Action #1 auction is very interesting, as is this thread. Am I correct in understanding that a couple of you have copies of this comic?

I'd love to see some info about the status of extant copies. How many are there? What are the grades? Are there copies folks know of, but not much about (i.e. who owns it, what's the condition, etc.)? I don't suppose there's a census-type site with this kinda info available? I mean beyond those copies that have been graded by CGC.

Sorry if these're newbie questions... :shy:

I'm waiting for a warehouse find of ten thousand high grade copies that have been hidden away in Denver.

or via root canal in Virginia......

Maybe I could marry off one of my sisters to Anderson's son.... :busy: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm waiting for a warehouse find of ten thousand high grade copies that have been hidden away in Denver.

or via root canal in Virginia......

Maybe I could marry off one of my sisters to Anderson's son.... :busy: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

well his name is adam but you will have to do the rest.

This email was sent to the current REAL high bidder on the Action #1:

We are monitoring the bidding on the Action 1 to insure that the bids are legitimate. You were outbid but I retracted that bid because I have concerns about the bidder. We require that the bidders enter a credit card #. Having said that, having a credit card does not insure that a given bid will be honored.

We will be monitoring ALL bids that we receive. Any bids that we have grave concerns about will be retracted quickly.

What is the current monitoring process, to place a $275,000 "hold" on someone's credit card? lol

I would think all bidders would be thoroughly vetted before being allowed to bid. If someone was "in to win" surely they wouldn't be relying on an internet bid??

This email was sent to the current REAL high bidder on the Action #1:

We are monitoring the bidding on the Action 1 to insure that the bids are legitimate. You were outbid but I retracted that bid because I have concerns about the bidder. We require that the bidders enter a credit card #. Having said that, having a credit card does not insure that a given bid will be honored.

We will be monitoring ALL bids that we receive. Any bids that we have grave concerns about will be retracted quickly.

What is the current monitoring process, to place a $275,000 "hold" on someone's credit card? lol

I would think all bidders would be thoroughly vetted before being allowed to bid. If someone was "in to win" surely they wouldn't be relying on an internet bid??

CC doesn't seem ready for prime time. Maybe the owner should have tried Heritage.

CC has gotten a lot of exposure for the 6.0 Action #1. A LOT.

Has anyone ever, including Heritage or Sotheby's, gotten that much PR for a comic?

CC's PR firm is the same one I use here in Chicago to promote our games (Golden Tee Golf, etc.). They're the best in the biz getting the word out.