• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics # 1 [6.0] Unrestored up up and away!

1,020 posts in this topic

45th bid came in 277,700.00

Doesn't that Tim guy every sleep?

:frustrated:

I'm not the bidder. My max thrill bid would've been $234,567, but the book had already passed that price by the time my account was reactivated.

I'm not the bidder. My max thrill bid would've been $234,567, but the book had already passed that price by the time my account was reactivated.

Tim;

Did you ever find out the reason why your account was deactivated in the first place by Metro? hm

So what are we thinking for hammer price now ?

Hopefully no more than Rick set his maximum bid at :wishluck:

Jim

I am actually holding onto a slim chance...

Jim

If you win....make the payment in loose change. lol Covered with honey.

Jim

I got 6 months...I wonder if UPS will deliver pennies?

Jim

I got 6 months...I wonder if UPS will deliver pennies?

Judge let you off light?

Bidding hasnt been as aggressive as people thought it would be I guess ? (shrug)

No one should read anything into the current inactive bidding. That's mostly thrill bidders and a minority of real players who follow a strategy of going big upfront. The amounts are now high enough that the thrill bidders are out, so the lull was expected. The majority of real players follow a strategy of bidding at the end, and that's what they're doing.

Tim;

Did you ever find out the reason why your account was deactivated in the first place by Metro? hm

The only thing I will say is:

ComicConnect + Metro + Fishler = :cloud9::luhv:

Bidding hasnt been as aggressive as people thought it would be I guess ? (shrug)

No one should read anything into the current inactive bidding. That's mostly thrill bidders and a minority of real players who follow a strategy of going big upfront. The amounts are now high enough that the thrill bidders are out, so the lull was expected. The majority of real players follow a strategy of bidding at the end, and that's what they're doing.

I haven't fully bid either...more of a "placement" bid...but I would have thought higher by now (shrug)

on an extended bidding like this, whether you bid now or later is kind of irrelevant, because you still have a chance to bid at the end