• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics # 1 [6.0] Unrestored up up and away!

1,020 posts in this topic

Rick, I have a home in Fort Lauderdale. State Rd 84[now 595] and University Blvd.

There is also a Bowling ally there.You know it?

I bowled a 78 there once.

That is 5 minutes from my house and where I grew up. My old stomping ground was McSugars video arcade and the Billiard Club on State Road 84 and Pine Island. Samll freakin world!!

The middle of the pages are white. The bottom of the pages are ow/white. The top has slight tanning.

In that case, shouldn't they have designated the page quality as light-tan to off-white?

The middle of the pages are white. The bottom of the pages are ow/white. The top has slight tanning.

In that case, shouldn't they have designated the page quality as light-tan to off-white?

Correction: sl. yellowing - not sl. tanning.

Kind of a creamy yellow? :baiting:

If there's any tangible hint of that, a book usually gets slapped with the cream.

If you've got pictures of a $300k item, wouldn't you show every page. Especially since it's now slabbed?

The probability of them showing you -or in this case photographing each individual page is slim to none. It just doesn't make since when you consider each page is worth potentially ten thousand dollars.. Once the book has been professionally graded there has to be that degree of trust, and like all books you either buy it or you don't.

When you're buying a $300,000 house do you trust someone and buy it blind or do you walk through it?

I'm still trying to figure out how CGC gave the pages cream-offwhite when the photos clearly indicate otherwise.
I'm sure you're able to tell based on the photos much better than CGC who actually got to look at the book.

Maybe I am...

Front and Back Cover White

Picture 1 Mostly Off-White

Picture 2 White

Picture 3 White

You're right. CGC messed up with the book in hand and your analysis over the internet is much more plausible.

(thumbs u

If you've got pictures of a $300k item, wouldn't you show every page. Especially since it's now slabbed?

The probability of them showing you -or in this case photographing each individual page is slim to none. It just doesn't make since when you consider each page is worth potentially ten thousand dollars.. Once the book has been professionally graded there has to be that degree of trust, and like all books you either buy it or you don't.

When you're buying a $300,000 house do you trust someone and buy it blind or do you walk through it?

Wow, it just hit me that this book will cost more than my house did. :gossip: I would have been better off taking a mortgage and buying the Action 1.

Good luck, Gator!

Guys I love comics so don't take this the wrong way but I had a dream last night that Gator won the Action #1.

:roflmao:

That's the only time that Gator will ever enter into a dream of mine.

(tsk)

Guys I love comics so don't take this the wrong way but I had a dream last night that Gator won the Action #1.

:grin:

That's the only time that Gator will ever enter into a dream of mine.

(tsk)

:sick:

That is so weird. Last night I had a dream that Shoeless Joe Jackson came back and bought the book.

I dreamt of Jessica Biel (shrug)

Jessica bought the Action #1? :cloud9:

Spoken like a true geek.

:cloud9:

That is so weird. Last night I had a dream that Shoeless Joe Jackson came back and bought the book.

I dreamt of Jessica Biel (shrug)

Jessica bought the Action #1? :cloud9:

there is a thread in the water cooler about folks that "marry" objects...

I can't think of a better Ménage à trois than Jessica and an Action 1

Wow, it just hit me that this book will cost more than my house did. :gossip: I would have been better off taking a mortgage and buying the Action 1.

Good luck, Gator!

The realtors only split 6% of the sale of a house.

Rick, I have a home in Fort Lauderdale. State Rd 84[now 595] and University Blvd.

There is also a Bowling ally there.You know it?

I bowled a 78 there once.

know the area well...we had a house in Kendall/Miami,and I lived in Parkland (between Boca and Ft L)...

many many bowling alleys down there! if they were around in the early 1990's, I bowled them...most all from WPB down to Cutler Ridge

There is also a pool place/bar over there i go to whenever im down there. Met a girl there who was a bartender. and she told me she worked at a stripclub up the road. Thought she bartended there too, was that a surprise.

HotShots. That was the name of the billiards place on University. It came to me last night.