• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics # 1 [6.0] Unrestored up up and away!

1,020 posts in this topic

There is more to this than meets the eye. It requires some patience and skill, methinks. As well as dry-runs. Do you folks press ? What is your per-hour throughput ?

Dude, please stop spamming threads with the same question over and over and then erasing your posts.

Press the search button above, type in "pressing" into your search criteria, open your time frame to about the past 2-3 years and you'll have more reading material than a university libary. Your every question will be answered.

Alternatively you can start a new thread with your question in the Grading and Restoration forum found here.

Enjoy.

(thumbs u

Thanks, r1970d. The search with "year criteria" did it. G'bye and thanks again.
gee, I recommended this 3 x yesterday in other threads...you could have saved yourself some time (thumbs u

just checked, upto $280K now

It will all come down to the last 2 minutes ( always does ), and I still stick to my $650k+ final hammer price estimate...... :whatev:

There would be virtually no good reason for someone serious about being the high bidder to have bid already ( IMO )

It will all come down to the last 2 minutes ( always does ), and I still stick to my $650k+ final hammer price estimate...... :whatev:

I still hold to my 275-325K range, but if it goes for 650K, all I will say is WOW

I still hold to my 275-325K range, but if it goes for 650K, all I will say is WOW

I'm with Rick. I over shot IMO as I'm used to SA and BA books but this is a different ball of wax.

the difference is, i am basing my "estimate" on what I am willing to pay, versus just some "fantasy" number that other folks are pulling out of their @$$ or wherever they are getting it from...

now, that in NO WAY means I am right... heck, it might go for 1million, I have NO way to know what other bidders are willing to pay, beyond what the usual suspects have mentioned... but, NO ONE else does either...

so, by very definition, MY prediction is the MOST valid lol since I am using my wallet to make the prediction, not wishful thinking

(all this is said tongue in cheek, of course)

the difference is, i am basing my "estimate" on what I am willing to pay, versus just some "fantasy" number that other folks are pulling out of their @$$ or wherever they are getting it from...

My estimate, Mr. "willing to pay" Detective27Kid :baiting: , is based on real life experiences of watching rarely offered Mega-Keys exceed everyones wildest expectations once the dust settles from a high profile auction like this one. Remember when AF15 in 9.4 sold for $227,000?...... old news now, but I remember the shock wave of disbelief throughout our little comics community here when that price was realized.

If a NM AF15 is worth almost a 1/4 Million, and an 8.0 Action 7 is worth $140,000, then it is not a stretch for me at all to imagine this book selling for over 1/2 Million.....especially when you factor in the rarity of a truly unrestored ( no graders notes / blue label ) Fine 6.0 from 1938 ----- that just happens to be the Grail of all Grails for our entire hobby

My estimate, Mr. "willing to pay" Detective27Kid :baiting: , is based on real life experiences of watching rarely offered Mega-Keys exceed everyones wildest expectations once the dust settles from a high profile auction like this one. Remember when AF15 in 9.4 sold for $227,000?...... old news now, but I remember the shock wave of disbelief throughout our little comics community here when that price was realized.

If a NM AF15 is worth almost a 1/4 Million, and an 8.0 Action 7 is worth $140,000, then it is not a stretch for me at all to imagine this book selling for over 1/2 Million.....especially when you factor in the rarity of a truly unrestored ( no graders notes / blue label ) Fine 6.0 from 1938 ----- that just happens to be the Grail of all Grails for our entire hobby

I don't pay attention to SA like you do, I will admit...

but I will still say that you have offered no foundation or support for your estimate outside of "watching" and speculation, which was my point to begin with :baiting:

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, your post would be a big fruitcake. :baiting:

I don't pay attention to SA like you do, I will admit...

but I will still say that you have offered no foundation or support for your estimate outside of "watching" and speculation, which was my point to begin with :baiting:

Whadda' you think I am....a Wonder Bra? lol