• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics # 1 [6.0] Unrestored up up and away!

1,020 posts in this topic

I was wondering whetehr that was a placement bid.

I've seen auctions where the 3 minute extension period is limited to those that have previously bid.

If this was the case in this auction I would have expected small "placement" bid increments to give a bidder the option to compete in the extension period.

Reading the terms of this auction it seems to indicate that the bidding period extends by 3 minutes from last bid but not that the biddding is limited to only those who have previously bidd.

300 already? thats Krazy. because it shows that the thrill bidder safety net is so high!

but either way, its exciting, isnt it? Action1 - - you know in your heart what this book and yours is worth, right? And even if it hammered for only 300K you'd STILL know your book is worth twice that regardless of the actual auction results.

but what if.... what if in 2 weeks time there's a honest to goodness VERY public sale of 5-600K? What would that do to your valuation of your copy? Enforce your current estimated value, or would you giddily double it??

In answer to above...

It would validate in my mind that it is worth in the 600k to 700k range[[the 6.5].Up to this point that has always been speculation and at best an educated quess..

I like to look at it more conservitivly so that if there is any upside from my conservitive estimate it is a pleasent surprise instead of an overestimated dissapointment.I can tell you this,if you seriuosly offered me a million I wouldnt flinch at saying no.I didnt buy this book as an investment.I bought it for the love.It just turned out that way. Investment wise.

saves me wasting the time on that email.

300 already? thats Krazy. because it shows that the thrill bidder safety net is so high!

but either way, its exciting, isnt it? Action1 - - you know in your heart what this book and yours is worth, right? And even if it hammered for only 300K you'd STILL know your book is worth twice that regardless of the actual auction results.

but what if.... what if in 2 weeks time there's a honest to goodness VERY public sale of 5-600K? What would that do to your valuation of your copy? Enforce your current estimated value, or would you giddily double it??

In answer to above...

It would validate in my mind that it is worth in the 600k to 700k range[[the 6.5].Up to this point that has always been speculation and at best an educated quess..

I like to look at it more conservitivly so that if there is any upside from my conservitive estimate it is a pleasent surprise instead of an overestimated dissapointment.I can tell you this,if you seriuosly offered me a million I wouldnt flinch at saying no.I didnt buy this book as an investment.I bought it for the love.It just turned out that way. Investment wise.

C'mon Peter even the most rabid collector wouldn't turn down a million dollars if and then take the cash and buy the CC Action #1 or another copy at a serious discount.

In answer to above...

C'mon Peter even the most rabid collector wouldn't turn down a million dollars if and then take the cash and buy the CC Action #1 or another copy at a serious discount.

This one would.You see I know that 6.5 Unrestored is as good as its gonna get.Im never going to be able to top that grade.I dont ever expect to see a book for sale in a higher grade either.I didnt say it dosnt exsist.I said ill never see a Cgc blue label totally unrestored in a higher grade [FOR SALE]

maintaining 276k as of March 3.

Yay for Gator! :applause:

When does it close?

10 more days...I am almost out of it, but hanging on for dear life right now... I will be sad if outbid, but that is the way the cookie crumbles

Rick, it's time to start hitting all the blood banks in the area!

When does it close?

10 more days...I am almost out of it, but hanging on for dear life right now... I will be sad if outbid, but that is the way the cookie crumbles

lol

When does it close?

lol

I hear you...truthfully, it is not for lack of funds, but I have a max I am willing to pay, and if it exceeds that max, then I out SOL

whos copy just popped up on Flebay ? 5.0 PLOD?

That would be Destroyer's copy.

Rick and I both have offered to buy it, so we'll see how it does on eBay.

yep, just talked to ben about it, and timing is why....riding the coattails of the CC action 1... smart move, IMO