• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else here ever lose a friend to the war on terror?

18 posts in this topic

At times I feel guilty for making it home.

You and I have exchanged PMs before, and you come across as a solid person. DO NOT FEEL GUILTY. Your friends wouldn't want that of you, but rather to live life to the fullest and appreciate the time you had with them.

It may never pass completely, but now is your time to honor their sacrifice by remembering the good in everything they did, and not wishing to take their place so then they would have to suffer at your passing.

And thank you once again for serving. We are in your debt!

I have some ex-military friends but have lost touch with those active although I do enjoy talking to those I encounter who are going off to duty or training.

Those that don't come back, as tragic as that is, have made it possible for you to be here and us too to be safe and the best thing we can do is remember them by keeping them alive through stories of them and living our lives better to honouring them.

They would not want us to be perpetually sad or feel guilty but rather make their sacrifice lead to a peaceful and positive future for others they left on this world.

Yes. I lost people I know, either from my personal past or professional life, in numerous terrorist attacks to include Pan Am 103 and 9/11.

Of course, I have represented many, many clients who lost loved ones in war or in terrorist attacks. Always a difficult situation.

Two of my boys made it home within the last 4 months. I had

one in the rocks, and one in the sand.

John was in Afghanistan, 2 tods, had an IED go poof under his APC

but only had ringing ears for a few days. One of the other vehicles

in the tour had 1 young man killed. Saw the report on tv a couple

of days before JJ called us to tell us the story.

Eric home from Iraq, worked for a company that purchased and

procured. Contract over, now he's home enjoying his wife and kid,

and .... sigh...... wanting to deal comics and cards..... :frustrated:

I had a friend not make it back, it was kinda weird hearing about it, surreal really. One day we're chilling and dowining a few in Germany, another I hear about a sniper bullet. I feel like I am not doing enough here in Japan, I mean while other medics are in the middle of it all, two good friends are over in the sandbox right now, I speak to them now and then, they seem laid back but, I still worry..