• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out how this ebay seller shipped my slab

64 posts in this topic

feedback should be along the lines of "package damaged during shipping and seller gave full refund " and as positive as that sounds he is going to have to pack very well from now on because every buyer that sees that is going to expect that full refund if it has a single scratch on it.

as long as the book has not been removed from the inner well it can be reholdered, not regraded. If the book looks to be removed from the inner well, it has to be regraded.

Is the book still sealed in the well?

after giving it a bit more thought, i think i'll say something like

'Good communication, shipping problem fixed! Thanks!'

does this seem acceptable? tryin' to put myself in this guys shoes....i ship someone a slab, they get it and its all cracked up (even though I'd have insurance on it, and tell the guy to take it up with the USPS, probably giving me a neg (shrug) )....if you gave someone a total refund, would the above message irk you?

That is more than generous, I think. I guess it would be acceptable to hold him responsible for re-holdering fees, but even I'd feel like a :censored: doing that to him after his solution.

-slym (likes the emoti-graemlin better than "spoon")

He refunded your money and let you keep the book. Chances are that this is an honest seller who realized he or she made a mistake, I doubt it happens again. Leave positive, do not ding his DSR and leave FB comment like awesome seller, great deal.

He or she could have been a hard but instead was polite and refunded without demanding the book back.

as long as the book has not been removed from the inner well it can be reholdered, not regraded. If the book looks to be removed from the inner well, it has to be regraded.

Is the book still sealed in the well?

the inner well is unaffected JJ

i think i will take the above posters advice...after this, i bet he'll be shipping his slabs in office envelopes anymore (thumbs u

PhiGam,

That sucks!

I recently got a book that was cracked like that as well. After talking with CGC, it sounds like they will re-slab the book as long as the inside vaacum sealed "bag" is still sealed and the book hasn't been damaged beyond the original grade.

I'd post this on the ASK CGC forum and see what kind of response you get...

\

:o why thank you aggiez :foryou:

i think i will take the above posters advice...after this, i bet he'll be shipping his slabs in office envelopes anymore (thumbs u

:gossip:that's what a few of us were saying already - glad you came around.

whacktohead.jpg

:gossip: They will ship the reholder back separately from your sub and charge you for it.

really???

that doesn't make any sense at all!! :mad: so they treat the re-holders like SS books now...seperate invoices means seperate shipping??

lame.

they did this to me at the PHX con as well...had 4 SS books and a larger submission...they charged me for seperate shipping meh

why did they make this decision?? insurance purposes??

Yes, different grading tiers means different return packages I found out the bad way. It's the first company I've dealt with who refused to ship packages together to help the client out. They said it was so they did not have to incur the insurance costs of the first item sitting around longer (but insurance for two weeks on a $50 sounds cheap to me :P).

They will, however, group packages/tiers together for dealers who submit a lot of books. This helps the dealer with shipping - I've started submitting my books through Paradise here in Toronto.

PhiGam,

That sucks!

I recently got a book that was cracked like that as well. After talking with CGC, it sounds like they will re-slab the book as long as the inside vaacum sealed "bag" is still sealed and the book hasn't been damaged beyond the original grade.

\

:foryou:

(thumbs u

PhiGam,

That sucks!

\

:foryou:

(thumbs u

:headbang:

lol

well, the seller actually responded QUITE POSITIVELY...

He gave me a FULL REFUND and I GET TO KEEP THE BOOK :o

wow..

Now, I think I'll give him a positive, with a statement like 'Good communication, problem solved, POOR PACKAGING OF CGC SLAB', or something to that effect hm

i certainly did not expect a full refund with me keeping the book :)

Congrats on the resolution. Definitely a winner!

As for your FB, a positive with a note about the packaging is spot on. Don't listen to those that feel you should bite your tongue about the s/h problem. Being responsible is the right move. "Incredible seller; fixed packing mishap. Couldn't be happier!"...works for me.

And Sterling, I assumed PhiGam had already attempted to resolve this with the seller, to no avail.

Looks like we both judged pre-maturely.

Rick

Sorry to hear about this, but great to hear that the seller came through.

I had a seller on eBay send a CGC slab wrapped in a cardboard sandwhich....two pieces of cardboard, same size as the slab, taped all together...and then the outside of the cardboard was addressed and sent my way. This was the result:

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

The seller got hostile and it was somehow my fault. Sigh. To this day, I don't understand how this guy thought this was an acceptable way to ship.

I'd have to agree that adding the shipping problem in your feedback seems unneccessary since the guy made pretty good on his mistake.

But it's the principle of the matter... think about it, say you didn't know about this and you bought a slab from him today. It shows up 4 days later looking like this example. Now, if the guy's feedback showed that he packs comics badly (and we all do check feedback from potential sellers before buying, right? RIGHT???) maybe you would have passed on this auction, saved some time.....?????

I wouldn't want to go through all what PhiGam went through if, by doing some minor checking, I could avoid it.

;)

-slym

Common sense..? Shame on you!

;)

Just awful. I had a similar experience with a Bronze ASM shipped from Canada. Case was trashed, but posts intact. Seller paid for my reholdering fees. He claimed to have shipped over 200 slabs this way + mine was the first one that got damaged?!?!?! doh!

"I've sold thousands of books on eBay, and you're the FIRST PERSON to ever complain!"

(thumbs u

Just awful. I had a similar experience with a Bronze ASM shipped from Canada. Case was trashed, but posts intact. Seller paid for my reholdering fees. He claimed to have shipped over 200 slabs this way + mine was the first one that got damaged?!?!?! doh!

"I've sold thousands of books on eBay, and you're the FIRST PERSON to ever complain!"

(thumbs u

lol That covers it!!

Sorry to hear about this, but great to hear that the seller came through.

I had a seller on eBay send a CGC slab wrapped in a cardboard sandwhich....two pieces of cardboard, same size as the slab, taped all together...and then the outside of the cardboard was addressed and sent my way. This was the result:

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

The seller got hostile and it was somehow my fault. Sigh. To this day, I don't understand how this guy thought this was an acceptable way to ship.

He was probably lazy and wanted to save money on shipping. Or he thought...this was cool enough to get to you without getting damaged. Now look what happened.

There is an easy way to fix your slab.

Grab the slab and hold it with both hands.

Place it above your head and repeat the following -

"By the power of Grayskull...I am the power!!!"

The slab should be better than new and much stronger.