• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out how this ebay seller shipped my slab

64 posts in this topic

geesh...

talk about stupid..

So i win this masters of the universe #1 9.9 (because it has the invincible preview in it, and i'm an invincible monger)...i pay, and the slab arrives today...

IN A MAILING ENVELOPE, NO BUBBLEWRAP, NOTHING...JUST A SLAB IN A SOFT OFFICE ENVELOPE..

here is what happens when you do that :doh:

th_IMG_0100.jpgth_IMG_0101.jpgth_IMG_0102.jpgth_IMG_0105.jpg

the question is, can i re-holder this even though the label could have been tampered with?? or does it need to be re-graded? the inner mylar well has not been affected, but the integrity of the label holder has been compromised..

karma is a biotch.. :(

Re-graded once a post is busted. I may be wrong, but I think if any of the four posts are compromised you are out of luck. Tough break on a 9.9, but if it was not affected, you should get the same grade, but a very real chance at a 9.8.

I'd probably return unless I really needed that book.

I guess I would ask you if the comic inside looks like a 9.9? While doubtful there was a switch, it is an older loose label slab with an open edge so anythings possible.

Was the envelope damaged in the same spot the slab was dinged?

And no need to justify buying He-Man, he has the power afterall. :kidaround:

Email a link to your pics to someone at CGC and ask. I had a 9.0 SS#4 shipped in a tyvek mailer and it looked like what you have when I received it. :o

Sent it in and had it reholdered no problem (the book wasn't damaged, just the case).

Also remember even though the reholder fee is $11, the return shipping via registered mail is probably around $30.

Email a link to your pics to someone at CGC and ask. I had a 9.0 SS#4 shipped in a tyvek mailer and it looked like what you have when I received it. :o

Sent it in and had it reholdered no problem (the book wasn't damaged, just the case).

Also remember even though the reholder fee is $11, the return shipping via registered mail is probably around $30.

this is what i'll probably do...i have a fast track submission i'm about to send out, so i'll prob just send it in with that sub...

still lame though....what's wrong with people??

Yeah that happened to me once for a CGC 9.8 BATMAN book I purchased from a woman in Florida years ago.

Showed up in an envelope, no packing, no padding, no bubble wrap, no nothing...only a huge crack across the middle of the case.

:gossip: They will ship the reholder back separately from your sub and charge you for it.

really???

that doesn't make any sense at all!! :mad: so they treat the re-holders like SS books now...seperate invoices means seperate shipping??

lame.

they did this to me at the PHX con as well...had 4 SS books and a larger submission...they charged me for seperate shipping meh

why did they make this decision?? insurance purposes??

I'd keep the comic, give the seller a piece of my mind, and "make due" by NOT re-subbing, keeping the comic just the way it is; unless you are really planning to sell later then, resubbing is the plan gambled option. That was so not kool, a 9.9 is just so touchy letting go, only to see you rcomic come back 9.8... :(

PhiGam,

That sucks!

I recently got a book that was cracked like that as well. After talking with CGC, it sounds like they will re-slab the book as long as the inside vaacum sealed "bag" is still sealed and the book hasn't been damaged beyond the original grade.

I'd post this on the ASK CGC forum and see what kind of response you get...

:gossip: They will ship the reholder back separately from your sub and charge you for it.

So do they ship different tiers back seperately too? I've just sent 11 moderns and 2 SA to be graded. I emailed CGC and asked for the return shipping to the UK and they quoted $95 which is what I put. If they ship back seperately I'm screwed to the tune of another $80 which I didn't know about.

As for the He-Man I'd get my money back. Nobody should be able to ship books like that regardless of the price and then keep your money in their sweaty azz pocket while you shell out again because they were too lazy to use some bubble wrap and a box

rantrant

I'd definitely nail this guy in my feedback, one way or the other. Whether positive or neg, others should know these kinds of things!!!

-slym

Definitely hit him on the feedback so everyone knows what they are dealing with. I would tell him to give me my money back and return shipping. It's too much of a headache to deal with for me..... But that is just me.

so they treat the re-holders like SS books now...seperate invoices means seperate shipping??

why did they make this decision?? insurance purposes??

They've done this for a while...they could consolidation invoice shipping to save on submissions but frankly they've grown to a point that it has become error prone. The insurance angle is probable as well.

So...they charge shipping for each separate invoice, which I think coincides for tier/service you are selecting.

BTW, the reholder here should not be a problem, imo. I'd queue it in with several other reholders to get your shipping dollar worth.

A positive for the seller and a 1 for shipping in detailed statistics would be my vote...and negotiate reholder fees.

still lame though....what's wrong with people??

Unfortunately, most on eBay are "drive-by sales" in that they do not give a flint about long-term or repeat business. Just a quick sale.

Sorry for the frustration, but at least the book was not damaged. I'd have this buyer paying for the reholder entire cost.

And by the way, if you do submit an insurance claim, DO NOT let them BS you. They cover all costs, and not just the reholder.

Either way, good luck!

A positive for the seller and a 1 for shipping in detailed statistics would be my vote...and negotiate reholder fees.

A positive???

I'd positively shove this book (envelope & all) up this seller's a$s !!

You gotta be kidding, sterling? (tsk)

Claims of ignorance or apathy from the seller just don't fly here.

Rick