• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got home from Watchmen...

11 posts in this topic

Wow! Camp Lejeune had a free screening tonight of the "Watchmen" tonight and it was fantastic. This movie certainly has that "big" feel to it, and I highly recommend viewing it in a theater with great sound (when the bug..ahem .. Archimedes, made it's first appearance I was blown away by the roaring sound of the engines-very cool!). From the music to the action, the spirit of the GN was definitely captured. I will not ruin the experience for you, but there are some changes in translation from GN to big screen. I don't believe it takes anything away from the spirit or the story, and I applaud Zack Snyder and company for getting everything in that they did. THIS IS NOT A MOVIE TO BRING KIDS TO! Full frontal male nudity (little Manhattan makes many appearances!), gory violence, and "intimate" (and not so intimate with Eddie and Sally) scenes make this one for the mature young adults. Jackie Earle Haley is electric in every scene he is a part of, whether he has his "face" on or not. Good movie! (thumbs u

1655256-banana2.gifChris

So did the changed ending work for you, or did it, as one of my friends stated, "bleed the entire plot dry" and "turn Ozy into a terrorist".

Dont be an and spoil it without warning. Oh wait..too late on both counts.

So did the changed ending work for you, or did it, as one of my friends stated, "bleed the entire plot dry" and "turn Ozy into a terrorist".

Dont be an and spoil it without warning. Oh wait..too late on both counts.

I didn't spoil anything doofus. :makepoint:

I didn't outline anything specific about the ending, and if you haven't heard it's been changed (Kevin Smith has commented about this endlessly) from the previews and reviews, then you need to crawl out from under that rock.