• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IlluXCon 2 Fantastic Art Symposium - November 12-15, 2009

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone -

Although IlluXCon is fantastic illustration rather than comic art, I figured that there was enough crossover that this show might be of interest to folks here . . . .

The show will be taking place in Altoona, Pennsylvania again this coming November. There are over 50 confirmed artist guests, including Boris Vallejo, Julie Bell, Michael Whelan, Brom, Donato Giancola, Todd Lockwood, Justin Sweet, Greg Hildebrandt, Bob Eggleton, Larry Elmore, John Picacio, Chris Moeller, Joe Jusko and a host of others. The show will comprise the largest single exhibition of fantastic illustration ever held, with hundreds of original works on hand.

In addition to the artists and the art, IlluXCon will be hosting leading industry art directors to do one-on-one portfolio reviews at the show - Jon Schindehette (WotC/Dungeons & Dragons), Lou Anders (PYR Books), and Ben Thompson (World of Warcraft TCG).

Multiple tracks of demos, lectures, and presentations will run over the course of the show.

Attendance is limited to 200 4-day passes ($150) and 100 student passes ($30).

All the info on the show, as well as pics, interviews and news coverage from the 2008 show can be seen on the IlluXCon website - www.illuxcon.com . In addition, check out the News page for the link to the video trailer . . . .

Thanks, and hope to see some of you there!

Pat

I'd thought about doing it last year and then opted not to. Worked out for the best because the 2 guys I wanted to meet most both were no-shows. Because of the cost of the show, I'd have been pretty ticked if I'd turned up and they weren't in attendance.

-e.

I went last year and had a great time. If you are targeting only one or two artists, then it probably is not a show for you, as you run the risk of cancellations. It really was like a summer camp, you got to hang out with everyone, make a lot of new friends and drink and talk the night away with the artists. Very intimate setting to talk with those that were there. One was able to have one on one time with each and every artist that was there.

Here is a link to a video of the last show