• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt68 returns as the returner

267 posts in this topic

Once upon a time, in a far away place.................. :baiting:
Lived a mechanic named Nik who looked smashing in lace.

He loved winters in Beantown

wasn't life grand?

Til an incident with a snowblower

nearly cost him his hand

Found on the Internet

so long ago.

A similar place his comics

to show.

Once upon a time, in a far away place.................. :baiting:
Lived a mechanic named Nik who looked smashing in lace.

He loved winters in Beantown

wasn't life grand?

Til an incident with a snowblower

nearly cost him his hand

Found on the Internet

so long ago.

A similar place his comics

to show.

Thought to himself

while cleaning the gutters.

Hey, a new place

that's full of suckers.

change your user name to back again.

:D even if I did something THAT obvious, he'd probably still try to take credit for "finding" me.

He didn't "find" you? (shrug)

No, he didn't. I knew where I was the whole time. :grin:

Also, so did Roy and Ferdelance. Never tried to hide who I was. Funny thing is, he could have just come out and asked. I would have said of course I am Sherlock! I think he needs the praise from all his hard work. It's good for his self-esteem.

its funny you should say this, as other people have asked...and you lied directly to them (shrug) examples posted below....

Is this the same X-Men #1 that the guy came on here and went ballistic over? The self-described cop-trainer? Broken out PGX restored copy??? :roflmao: Small world. meh

It was an X-Men 3 that was the controversial item.

Is this the same X-Men #1 that the guy came on here and went ballistic over? The self-described cop-trainer? Broken out PGX restored copy??? :roflmao: Small world. meh

:gossip: He had an X-Men #1 on eBay . . .

Ya guys lost me. I don't think he ever put it on Ebay. I think he knows the potential liabilities for doing that with a book that might have resto. Did you see it up there recently? I have not seen his listing on Craigslist in a while now. Maybe he did...

you could have just come out and said it then, but you chose not to....why? LIE LIE LIE

I honestly don't care what you do Matt, stay....go....makes no difference to me.

But, I have never been one to harass newbies unless there is certainly good reason. And being a liar is a pretty good one in my book. And as far as I am concerned...you are exactly that, and continue to lie even now. I guess if you are going to try and stick around, maybe you should really stop the whole lying thing. cuz being honest with 1 or 2 people and lying to the rest of the community is still pretty lame on your part.

:sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo:

Wow. Lots of fun stuff.

I have a serious question, though, one that is haunting me.

What does make a bollocks mean? Seriously. I have no idea what this idiomatic phrase means, and it sounds just fabulousRichard Simmons voice>.

change your user name to back again.

:D even if I did something THAT obvious, he'd probably still try to take credit for "finding" me.

He didn't "find" you? (shrug)

No, he didn't. I knew where I was the whole time. :grin:

Also, so did Roy and Ferdelance. Never tried to hide who I was. Funny thing is, he could have just come out and asked. I would have said of course I am Sherlock! I think he needs the praise from all his hard work. It's good for his self-esteem.

its funny you should say this, as other people have asked...and you lied directly to them (shrug) examples posted below....

:gossip: He had an X-Men #1 on eBay . . .

Ya guys lost me. I don't think he ever put it on Ebay. I think he knows the potential liabilities for doing that with a book that might have resto. Did you see it up there recently? I have not seen his listing on Craigslist in a while now. Maybe he did...

you could have just come out and said it then, but you chose not to....why? LIE LIE LIE

I honestly don't care what you do Matt, stay....go....makes no difference to me.

But, I have never been one to harass newbies unless there is certainly good reason. And being a liar is a pretty good one in my book. And as far as I am concerned...you are exactly that, and continue to lie even now. I guess if you are going to try and stick around, maybe you should really stop the whole lying thing. cuz being honest with 1 or 2 people and lying to the rest of the community is still pretty lame on your part.

Ok, once again Sherlock, your research is a little bit flawed. Did you see that on other posts where you have made some smart remark about the book (X-Men #1 along with the Plasticman Comics) where I posted the pic of MY X-men #1? I didn't lie to anyone. Your just mad because all the things you supposedly "exposed" proved not to pan out. That book where I say that the X-Men #1 wasnt mine and that the guy never posted it on Ebay (as far as I know) was, in fact, not mine. I have provided scans of mine for all to see. Not the same book. Surely a great detective like yourself can see at least that. As for the X-Men #3 which was called into question, ComicDoc is the new owner. Ask him if he likes it and what kind of a deal he got if he even wants to talk to people like you.

Bottom line is what I have said before. I changed my name because of all the harrassment from guys like you with nothing better to do with their lives. Other members here on the boards have echoed that. When all is said and done, I have a good rep on the board as returner (Wonderful work figuring that one out Einstein), I have a few nice books and am not in debt collecting, there isn't any book I can live without, I have a great job which keeps me in great shape, I have a gorgeous wife, a wonderful son and am truly happy. And you have, um, the CGC Boards. Good luck with that.

:sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo:

Hell, I have been fooling all you guys with BS for the last 6 years :acclaim:

sure have Nikos whatever number you were

no...they were referring to you at that point, and I am not mad.....it appears you are though.

keep spewing your dung all you want.... :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Mad isnt the right word. Irritated is better. Why not just come out and ask if I was the guy from a while ago named Matt? I would have said yes. There are more than a few guys here who knew who I am and what name I used before. I even explained to them that I changed it due to all the harrassment. Instead, you went out of your way and spent what must have been a considerable amount of time trying to "expose" something. For praise? For what? Protecting the guys on here? They don't need your protection. Trust me, I have witnessed and experienced first hand how people (esp. Newbies) get jumped on here and probably never return. I did.

Once again, I have probably made 30+ transactions on here as Returner. If your goal is to ruin a reputation and make it hard for me to buy/sell here, I can only ask why? Why go out of your way to try to hurt someone? I've done nothing to you. I don't know you. I've never tried to buy from or sell directly to you.

Just my two cents, but I think you enjoy trying to defeat someone. I would be angry if it wasnt so very sad.

no...they were referring to you at that point, and I am not mad.....it appears you are though.

keep spewing your dung all you want.... :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Mad isnt the right word. Irritated is better. Why not just come out and ask if I was the guy from a while ago named Matt? I would have said yes. There are more than a few guys here who knew who I am and what name I used before. I even explained to them that I changed it due to all the harrassment. Instead, you went out of your way and spent what must have been a considerable amount of time trying to "expose" something. For praise? For what? Protecting the guys on here? They don't need your protection. Trust me, I have witnessed and experienced first hand how people (esp. Newbies) get jumped on here and probably never return. I did.

Once again, I have probably made 30+ transactions on here as Returner. If your goal is to ruin a reputation and make it hard for me to buy/sell here, I can only ask why? Why go out of your way to try to hurt someone? I've done nothing to you. I don't know you. I've never tried to buy from or sell directly to you.

Just my two cents, but I think you enjoy trying to defeat someone. I would be angry if it wasnt so very sad.

No.1 : we all look out for each other here for liars and scammers. All the "look out for this guy" threads should attest to that. No.2: you were being harassed in the beginning as Matt68 because you were caught in a lie. your uncles books...remember? No.3: when I hear BS.....whether you be Matt, robojo, or joe shmo...and there is something I have read or stumbled upon somewhere else...I WILL call you on it to bring it to the surface...especially someone who has come on to the boards as a liar before.

I am not trying to ruin your rep here, you did that in the beginning with no help from anyone but your uncle ;)

No.1 : we all look out for each other here for liars and scammers. All the "look out for this guy" threads should attest to that. No.2: you were being harassed in the beginning as Matt68 because you were caught in a lie. your uncles books...remember? No.3: when I hear BS.....whether you be Matt, robojo, or joe shmo...and there is something I have read or stumbled upon somewhere else...I WILL call you on it to bring it to the surface...especially someone who has come on to the boards as a liar before.

I am not trying to ruin your rep here, you did that in the beginning with no help from anyone but your uncle ;)

Well, I didn't think it was going to come down to this, but I guess it needs to. Up to speed for all ya' all.

When younger, I collected X-men and Star Wars comics. I retained them through my adulthood. My Uncle Walter was into them and I remember him always wanting to see what new books I had picked up when he would come to visit. (he was in KY). Grew up, still had all my old books from childhood. Got a few here and there but wasnt a fervent "collector" as most of you guys here on the boards are. Last year, my uncle died (Do I need to supply a *spoon* obituary?) and my Aunt told my brother and I to come and look through some of the stuff to see if we wanted some books. George (my bro) took some early FF's (can't remember now, I think #1 and #3) and some others not worth mentioning. I took the X-Men #1 because I had collected at least the later ones and wanted it. I started buying up some older X-men on Ebay and such to get back collecting (at least the X-men)

Fast forward to these wonderful boards. I was brand-spankin new. Never been on before, so I started out putting it up for a grade and asking what the book might be worth. I, at that point, didn't even have it offered for sale. (unlike the part where someone said I needed to pay some bills with it, nice embellishment). Immediately I was PM'ed with offers. Didnt ask for them, didnt know what to say. Some guys here on the boards said they thought they saw signs of restoration, so I sent the book out to be graded. Low and behold it does have restoration. Suddenly, I am branded a liar for not disclosing resto on the book. I didn't even have it for sale!!! Once again, slowly for the "challenged" guys here, I didnt even have it for sale!

That, in a nutshell, is the original story. Change it, manipulate it, distort it, embellish it. THAT is what happened. Then along comes deputy dog here and all of a sudden I'm dealt with like a criminal. Thanks to him and a FEW others on here, I am harrassed and called a liar and so forth and blah, blah blah. Got called an A*****E and stood up for myself. Then everyone jumped in calling me an aggressor. So, now that you have it, what say you?

dude, you were called a liar because you implied you got this xmen 3 book from your uncle, when in all reality you had gotten it from ebay....from someone who owned it for 20 years(as stated in the listing)

but its amazing how you like to fast forward past the detail in question and just spew out a bunch of useless information. You remind me a lot of another guy that tries to talk around the questionable lies everyone wants answers to.

here are some reminders of your uncles book :juggle:

I am done with your history lesson, feel free to :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: till you are blue in the face.

6523_1.jpg

untitled1.jpg

untitled2-1.jpg

Man. I could jump in here with a lot of thoughts concerning this situation. But I won't. I did before when all of this came up. I'm just tired of typing. It never seems to matter anyway. People see what they want to see. Hear what they want to hear.

Here is a forum ethical question from me to ya'll.

If an exchange of PM's that resulted from a disagreement on this forum, is on file in my messages, would it be appropriate to copy and paste those PM's here? If they could shed light on a current running "debate" or "argument".

Or, do PM's (and by extension, emails) have a certain expectation of privacy, and unless they would save someone from being ripped off, should remain Private Messages? In other words. If someone states on this forum that they are a doctor, and they PM me that they are not, but tried to be and dropped out of school, is that private info not to be be published by me? (made up scenario to illustriate that the PM info might not be earth shaking stuff). Or, if someone has a book for sale that they give a 9.0 status too, but confide in me via PM that it was previously graded by PGX as an 8.5, would that info be ethically prohibited from being passed on via another PM to others, or a public posting to all?

Does it depend on the brightness of the light that may or may not be shown? Does it really matter if everyone has an understanding of the situation anyway, even though they may not know some further details (like for instance a seller has previously been known to do shenanigans sometimes)?

I am not saying that my ethical question relates to this thread, in any way, shape or form. The thought just happened to occur to me while reading this thread, and the question probably does not warrant a thread of its' own. There are many other threads whereupon this subject relates (just one of many being the current AF #15 thread under the General Section).

whew. A lot of typing for a guy who is tired of typing, eh? But I'm trying to change the subject here, sort of. Because this ain't going anywhere but down.

Dude, you are so not worth it. Why even mention the X-Men #1 if you meant to talk about the #3? I didn't imply . You read into that. Once again, you are a very small little man with WAY too much time on your hands. It really does sadden me, that you need to spend your days roaming through the halls of the CGC Boards looking for someone to bust. Get a life, a job, a woman or all three! Just stop harrassing people. It's pathetic.

The information I "spewed" out wasn't useless. It lets everyone on here know what the original story was and where little self-appointed board cops like you take it. I did buy that #3 on Ebay, and sold it later. (once again, ask ComicDoc if he is happy with it and if he got a good deal) I now have a much nicer copy. What do you guys on here call that....oh yeah, upgrading! See when you assume something like that was my Uncle's book, you just make an *** out of yourself. Just the fact that you can pull up random Ebay pages tells me you really, really, really need to get out into the real world and meet some people and socialize.

Ok, it's almost time for my hottie wife to get home. Yum.

You have fun on here.

Ciao

I want nothing to do with a guy who breaks the rules and flips out when called on it. We tried to reason with you when you first got mad and you were full of insults and misplaced anger. This has nothing to do with the community being mean to a new guy. Flex your biceps and call us nerds some more.