• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Forum Dinner

144 posts in this topic

I know it is early, but we had first refusal for the room, and the room was getting booked.

Please join Saturday, August 8, 2009 for the sixth annual Chicago Board Dinner at the fabulous Gibson's Steakhouse, located directly across the street from the Rosemont Convention Center. The Chicago Board Dinner is the highlight of the convention season. Last year we had a record 65 join us for dinner, and another 20 or so wander in to geek out under the watchful eye of the benevolent Donald E. Stephens:

P8110074.jpg

Everybody's welcome, please feel free to bring guests.

The Details:

What:

Board Dinner - Chicago

When:

Saturday, August 8th, 6:00pm - ??? (Dinner at 8:00pm)

Where:

The Rosemont Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Now with menus!

Lots of hors d'ouevres

Ceasar salad

Choice of one

Filet mignon

Bone-in sirloin

WR cut steak

Pork chops

Fish of the day

(straight vegetarians, please contact me - I know of a couple)

Baked potato (as big as a football)

Veggie combination plates

I have had to put the deposit down on the room, assuming that people are coming. If you are coming, paypal me $75 dcusimano@usa.net. Don't make me track you down at the dinner...

You know you're coming, so sign up now!

Ive heard that there is a chance that WWChicago will be canceled. On that note, if it is canceled, is there any chance that another promoter will pick up the show and keep it going?

Where did you here that? I live forty miles south of Chicago. Havent heard anything like that yet. Let us know any info you have.

DRX

Ive heard that there is a chance that WWChicago will be canceled. On that note, if it is canceled, is there any chance that another promoter will pick up the show and keep it going?

Now you've done it. Make way for a wave of nerd hysteria.

I just called the Donald E. Stephens convention center. The havent heard anything about the show being cancelled. They gave me Wizards number also. They state the show is still on schedule. Just for anyones info, and the hysterical. :D

DRX

I'm in - my first forum dinner :banana:
You did attend the con though... I saw you :baiting:

Totally - just chickened out of the dinner last year :sorry:

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I went with the guys to Hooters. The place should be sued for false advertisement.

I just called the Louis Stephens convention center. The havent heard anything about the show being cancelled. They gave me Wizards number also. They state the show is still on schedule. Just for anyones info, and the hysterical. :D

DRX

I heard rumors about Philly and Chicago as well. Count both Lou and I in unless it folds.

R.

:cry::insane::cry::insane::cry::insane::cry::insane::o:cry::insane::cry::o:insane::cry:

:cry::insane::cry::insane::cry::insane::cry::insane::o:cry::insane::cry::o:insane::cry:

they did just post their hotel rates on the wizard site , I noticed -- not that that means anything