• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 CGC 4.0 Unrestored OW/W on eBay

9 posts in this topic

Just to prevent any sullying of my good name, and for those asking what gives...eBay removed the listing because my accepted payments violated their terms of use. Apparently I am not allowed to accept a money order, or arrange for an in person exchange unless I am selling an automotive. A $6,000 comic just isn't as significant as a used car. :shrug:

So I'll post the comic-link listing in the near future, if I decide to go that route...sorry if anyone here was the high bidder.

Just to prevent any sullying of my good name, and for those asking what gives...eBay removed the listing because my accepted payments violated their terms of use. Apparently I am not allowed to accept a money order, or arrange for an in person exchange unless I am selling an automotive. A $6,000 comic just isn't as significant as a used car. :shrug:

I hear you, brother! I keep having auctions pulled because I REFUSE to take out the line that states I accept money orders and cashier's checks. To me, that is like the landlord of a strip-mall where I have my own shop telling me I can only accept one form of payment, and that's the form that he has a monopoly on. Why is eBay telling ME that ***I*** cannot take whatever form of payment I wish? If I say "I only accept wampum," that is up to me. SCREW eBay, they can stick it up their collective butts.

The third-from-last sentence above is a rhetorical question, BTW - I know eBay only wants to accept PayPal because they own it, and that's more money for them... also BTW - if anyone ever sees anything on eBay from me and wants it, TALK TO ME HERE FIRST. I will gladly lose the >$1 on the auction if I don't have to pay their ridiculous FAV fees.

-slym

dont deal with them anymore, I closed my account, everyone should start telling them goodbye so they start dying out. Where is the competitive bidding company already that will drive them either out of business or force them to go back to the old ways?

Dont feel bad, I had sold some books to someone, he complained, did a dispute charge back, and then ripped my books put them back in a box, sent a tracking number to ebay and I lost my money and got back ripped books as well! Ask ebay, what will they do isf a buyer deliberately destroys your property they are returning ? What do they know what is coming back to you in a box with a tracking number?

I hope Ebay keeps there stupid rules in place. Hopefully it will spawn a new on line company. One that will allow the seller to decide what forms of payment they will take.

I have learned a few things about this type of stuff.

People hate/despise being told what they can or cannot do. It's a free country, is it not??

I don't use Ebay to sell anymore. I will use it to buy a few things though... Stupid listing/selling fee's, PayPal fee's... No thanks......

I hear you, brother! I keep having auctions pulled because I REFUSE to take out the line that states I accept money orders and cashier's checks. To me, that is like the landlord of a strip-mall where I have my own shop telling me I can only accept one form of payment, and that's the form that he has a monopoly on. Why is eBay telling ME that ***I*** cannot take whatever form of payment I wish? If I say "I only accept wampum," that is up to me. SCREW eBay, they can stick it up their collective butts.

The third-from-last sentence above is a rhetorical question, BTW - I know eBay only wants to accept PayPal because they own it, and that's more money for them... also BTW - if anyone ever sees anything on eBay from me and wants it, TALK TO ME HERE FIRST. I will gladly lose the >$1 on the auction if I don't have to pay their ridiculous FAV fees.

-slym

I just completed (purchased) some original Dune Art from the coloring/puzzle books back in 1984. I don't use Paypal but contacted the seller and was able to do some time payments via money order. I don't know if that will get sellers in trouble but if there is something I really want, I'll ask the seller if they accept checks or money orders. Maybe a line like "ask about alternate payments" would pass the ebay filters?