• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Hmmmm... there's a new L&K registry set uniquely named "Upon Jerel's request"

:shy:

WELCOME STEVE! It's about time.

Yeah, great to have you aboard. :headbang:

Registry Set hazing will consist of you having to watch the entire first season of Mr. Belvedere on DVD(we almost lost Heff doing this). :sick:

mr_belvedere-show.jpg

Which reminds me. I have to catch up with Burn Notice on the DVR.

That's easy, I used to watch Mr. Belvedere religiously!

Bring it on :sumo:

It appears that the Locke & Key TV show has a director and star now. :ohnoez:

http://www.deadline.com/tag/locke-key-casting/

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/11/23/mark-romanek-to-direct-locke-and-key-tv-series-starring-miranda-otto/

Lord of the Rings's Miranda Otto is set to play Nina Locke.

Miranda-Otto.jpg

She also had a role in Spielberg's War of the Worlds. Now, If we only could get Dakota Fanning who played her daughter in that movie to play Kinsey. hm

cape.jpg

my buddy Ralph's shop has a cool exclusive coming up

real cool. real limited

Larry Doherty

Larry's Wonderful, Wonderful World of Comics n such.

978-459-5323

larryscomicsinc@aol.com

http://larryscomics.net

http://facebook.com/larryscomics

http://twitter.com/larryscomics

Edited by LarrysComics

SPOILER ALERT!

With all due respects to Douglas's horniness and Jason's poem in Walking Dead #79, Locke & Key: Keys to The Kingdom #3 was the most kick-butt read of the week.

lk3kttk.jpg

I have to be honest, I was getting worried about the choppiness and rushed story-telling from issue #2 and upon hearing many new keys were gonna be introduced in this issue, I just lost faith that it was gonna be good. :(

Boy, was I wrong.

Instead of Joe dragging this series out, with a set of sequences where the Locke kids defeat the evil everytime, he just revs up the storytelling by putting it all together at once with G-Rod's art giving you eye-socket overload.

This insane issue covers ever day in the 29 day month of February in 22 pages and each day is worthy of a story arc all by itself. There are possesed squirrel and teddy bear attacks, the "Dark Lady" in plant form, a music box that drives Kinsley insane and more. We even get a Bubo the Owl cameo, more worthy than the one in the Clash of the Titans remake.

Buy this book!

SPOILER ALERT!

With all due respects to Douglas's horniness and Jason's poem in Walking Dead #79, Locke & Key: Keys to The Kingdom #3 was the most kick-butt read of the week.

lk3kttk.jpg

I have to be honest, I was getting worried about the choppiness and rushed story-telling from issue #2 and upon hearing many new keys were gonna be introduced in this issue, I just lost faith that it was gonna be good. :(

Boy, was I wrong.

Instead of Joe dragging this series out, with a set of sequences where the Locke kids defeat the evil everytime, he just revs up the storytelling by putting it all together at once with G-Rod's art giving you eye-socket overload.

This insane issue covers ever day in the 29 day month of February in 22 pages and each day is worthy of a story arc all by itself. There are possesed squirrel and teddy bear attacks, the "Dark Lady" in plant form, a music box that drives Kinsley insane and more. We even get a Bubo the Owl cameo, more worthy than the one in the Clash of the Titans remake.

Buy this book!

I will be, Thanks :)

Yesterday was a great new book day for me and L&K was still the first book I read. And I'm a huge WD fan. This is one of the few moderns that takes me more than 5 minutes to read as I always find myself immersed. This issue inparticular was so much fun with the different situations (loved the squirrels!) that played out. Oh if only it came out every month!

So whats the difference between the regular cover & variant cover ? I would have liked to see a variant cover of this one but with out the bloody hand print Its just such a nice looking picture & the blood sort of wrecks the niceness lol! I'm sure it fits with the current story though!

My next goal is variant covers for my cgc collection :D & I still need a 9.8 of the regular #1 :)

Oh does anyone know if ebay seller idw_publishing has anything to do with the actual idw company ?.. Like is it idw them self selling stuff or ?..

Edited by synch

So whats the difference between the regular cover & variant cover ? I would have liked to see a variant cover of this one but with out the bloody hand print Its just such a nice looking picture & the blood sort of wrecks the niceness lol! I'm sure it fits with the current story though!

My next goal is variant covers for my cgc collection :D & I still need a 9.8 of the regular #1 :)

Oh does anyone know if ebay seller idw_publishing has anything to do with the actual idw company ?.. Like is it idw them self selling stuff or ?..

I wonder what variant you will go after next? hm

I'm still trying to get that ever so elusive new Spielberg variant of #1.

locke-key.jpg

:jokealert:

I wonder what variant you will go after next? hm

I'm still trying to get that ever so elusive new Spielberg variant of #1.

locke-key.jpg

You so funny.... lol