• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

1st Joe Hill appearance in comics?

His father's CREEPSHOW (I know he was in the movie, was he in the comic too?)

The cover has his his face, so I'm calling it his 1st appearance. lol

I would never have got this lol I would have said Spider-Man Unlimited #8 :eyeroll:

Trying to keep the questions slightly tricky. lol

You are on fi-yah... FI-YAY!!!(trying to be like the JT and Peyton commercial). lol

Third Question, hm

In which L & K book did future movie character Ignatius Martin Perrish make his comic debut?

Gabriel Rodriquez was kind enough to supply some illustrations. Once again, I was surprised CGC didn't note it on the label in some way.

This one I may be wrong about but wasn't there a Horns preview in Crown of Shadows #3. i'm sure it can't be that easy (shrug)

You are on fi-yah... FI-YAY!!!(trying to be like the JT and Peyton commercial). lol

Third Question, hm

In which L & K book did future movie character Ignatius Martin Perrish make his comic debut?

Gabriel Rodriquez was kind enough to supply some illustrations. Once again, I was surprised CGC didn't note it on the label in some way.

Locke & Key Crown of Shadows Issue 3

You both are correct. (thumbs u

The "New" Age of King.

Should have been noted on the CGC label.

Got an email from Skeleton Crew:

I'm afraid we're the bearer of (temporarily) bad news.

The Anywhere Key pre-order window is being delayed a bit.

The keys arrived from our caster last night and, unfortunately, they're just nothing we can put our name on; the quality isn't there. So we've decided to tweak molds and try anew. We'll drop a note as soon as it is ready, opening the pre-order window for two weeks starting that night. Gabriel Rodriguez still has his pen at the ready; he'll be signing all the pre-order tags, as planned. And, instead of launching it as a pre-order, we'll be putting the new Legacy Edition Ghost Key directly up for sale, dropping a line the same day that goes live.

We can understand any disappointment - we're pretty disappointed, too. Apologies for the delay and you'll be hearing from us soon. As a bit of a sneak peek before it goes on the website for those who've asked, we're including rough Shadow Key prototype pics below to add just a little light to this note (pun intended). It's still slated for January.

shadowkey.jpg

Got my book in from cheryllynn today!! When I brought it I did not understand that it was a trade paperback lol I Think this is the first TP in my collection cgced :)

It's not a trade paperback. It is a ruggedly built Special Edition, typical of the "old" IDW.

Man oh man. You are seriously scaring me now.

This is a trade in a slab.

DSC07994.jpg

See the difference.

I hope it ends so that it can continue on again at some point if he chooses to do so down the road... Adult bode dealing with his kids up next ?... lol Honestly I'd like to see dodge get a decent ending ... Or at least a fair one ... Sure hes an evil jerk now but I doubt he always was.... for all we know it could just be that thing on his back (spoilers lol ) that is corrupting him ...

Edited by synch

I talked about Snake Eyes, Jughead, The Goon and misc. other characters making cameos,

But... what L&K book did Tank Girl make her appearance in?

That one might have been to difficult to know.

LKMini4.jpg

It's from the IDW Sampler Book.

Hill-IDW10-04.jpg

DSC094951.jpg

You can see Bode on the cover with a key.

Locke & Key: Keys To The Kingdom #5

LockeKey_KeystotheKingdom05.jpg

"Detectives," Part 1. Illusions will be smashed and good people will be destroyed in a shattering two-part story that changes everything. Tyler Locke begins, finally, to consider what he knows about the terrifying but mysterious enemy that has harrowed the Locke family for months-only to find that all the evidence points to a single suspect: Zack Wells.