• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

I wonder if everyone else is doing that & my freaking books keep getting pushed back... grrr..... lol I think I will go up to lcs today & ask him what the status on them is :idea::whee:

Yes.... I'd be checking on that - especially since you submitted through someone else. RIGHT NOW, the only thing behind (according to the CGC Services and Fees section of their website) is the 20-day express coupon (and it sits at 1/23/2011).

I'd ask your LCS when they were shipped to CGC and ask to see verification. Something is fishy there...

hm It could be shipping time between canada & us as well have something to do with it ... I don't know what cgc uses to ship .... I trust my LCS though if he was going to screw me over it would have been on the first submisions I did with my web of spider man #1 9.8 & walking dead #1 9.8 :D

Just got off phone with him he said he was going to call & check the status of them this week so to check back on Thursday with him :)

Edited by synch

I wonder if everyone else is doing that & my freaking books keep getting pushed back... grrr..... lol I think I will go up to lcs today & ask him what the status on them is :idea::whee:

Yes.... I'd be checking on that - especially since you submitted through someone else. RIGHT NOW, the only thing behind (according to the CGC Services and Fees section of their website) is the 20-day express coupon (and it sits at 1/23/2011).

I'd ask your LCS when they were shipped to CGC and ask to see verification. Something is fishy there...

hm It could be shipping time between canada & us as well have something to do with it ... I don't know what cgc uses to ship .... I trust my LCS though if he was going to screw me over it would have been on the first submisions I did with my web of spider man #1 9.8 & walking dead #1 9.8 :D

Oh that's right, you're in Canada... :) that's probably the whole reason right there. :)

I didn't mean to insinuate your LCS was crooked, thought it was more that they didn't submit them when they told you they did... held them to get more of a group. Do you always have such long delays with submissions? If so, then it's probably all good!

Oh that's right, you're in Canada... :) that's probably the whole reason right there. :)

I didn't mean to insinuate your LCS was crooked, thought it was more that they didn't submit them when they told you they did... held them to get more of a group. Do you always have such long delays with submissions? If so, then it's probably all good!

I seem to remember it being a lot quicker the first time but ya it took a while then as well ... This time seems to be taking for ever... That could be the case as well but I don't think it would have been more than a couple weeks at most ... What my LCS does it let people know well in advance when he is doing it & then sends them off that month :) he normally gets in quite the large amount of books from people to turn in. He also does not do it all the time so it gives people a chance to both figure out what they want to do next time as well as build up the $ to send them in

I did about 11 or so books this time I'm quite eager to see what grades I get back ... I'm expecting a ms marvel #1 in maybe ... 9.4-ish shape or so .... I HOPE :pullhair:

Legacy edition Ghost key and Echo key back up for sale on Skeleton Crew website...

Hmm Tempting to buy another ghost key .... so low on $ though I think I need to save mine for shadow key!

Edited by synch

Is that the Legacy Ghost Key(hollowed-out eyes) making a 1st appearance on the cover of Locke & Key: Keys To The Kingdom #6? hm

If so, it must be a must-have for collectors! :baiting:

What about this cover ?..

LockeKeySpecEdVar1F.jpg

& the link for Chery

http://www.comixology.com/sku/JAN110516/Locke-Key-Keys-To-the-Kingdom-6-of-6-

Also I thought this would get a laugh

http://cgi.ebay.com/Spider-Man-Unlimited-8-First-Joe-Hill-Work-Locke-Key-/280639518228?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41576b3614

<-- also kind of interesting :) People starting to use the book & joes name to sell past work

Edited by synch

Is that the Legacy Ghost Key(hollowed-out eyes) making a 1st appearance on the cover of Locke & Key: Keys To The Kingdom #6? hm

If so, it must be a must-have for collectors! :baiting:

What about this cover ?..

LockeKeySpecEdVar1F.jpg

& the link for Chery

http://www.comixology.com/sku/JAN110516/Locke-Key-Keys-To-the-Kingdom-6-of-6-

Also I thought this would get a laugh

http://cgi.ebay.com/Spider-Man-Unlimited-8-First-Joe-Hill-Work-Locke-Key-/280639518228?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41576b3614

<-- also kind of interesting :) People starting to use the book & joes name to sell past work

HEY!! That's my living room table.... when were you in my.... OH... that's right - you bought that one :) never mind :)

Thanks for the link!

YEP! That #8 is a MUST HAVE for completists! lol

Spiderman8.jpg

I've got packages shipped from japan sal faster than this (shrug):roflmao: Oh well .... WIll know whats up by tomorrow anyways

Edited by synch

I've got packages shipped from japan sal faster than this (shrug):roflmao: Oh well .... WIll know whats up by tomorrow anyways

So what's the story??? :)

I put up a set of Locke & Key cgc 9.8 in the Modern Sales Thread for anyone interested. May be willing to sell individually if the set doesn't sell as a whole. PM me if interested in individual slabs! :)

Clicky on the linky!

Locke & Key set

:gossip: Locke & Key was mentioned on page 30 of next week's Entertainment Weekly.

So what's the story??? :)

said he has sent off an email & is waiting for a response I've not checked back in yet (shrug)

Thanks.

It's harder to get 9.9 and 10's lately. Alot of collectors and myself included believe CGC is a bit harsher on IDW books lately, and grade them more on a more fair curve despite their perfect structures. You are gonna get alot of 9.8's now. I somewhat agree with this. It protects the amount of mints allowed in the census. I believe in my heart if the other CGC 10 of #1 was graded today, it would get a 9.8 too. My 2c