• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

(in my best southern belle draw)

Y'all want me to say something that will stop the bidding on this L&K variant immediately???

Well, in my best New Hampshire accent...

"I cahn't bid. I haf to make a cahr payment 'dis week, afta, I submitt'd a Creepshow in fast track and bought a 9.9 Locke & Key. :(

Spilll it Speck! What 9.9?????

Don't hurt me. :fear:

lol It was the regular version of Keys To The Kingdom #4. The variant to that issue is proving very difficult for me to get in 9.8 or above. The #5 book is gonna be a special book for me too, so I would like to get that in high grade.

I wouldn't hurt YOU!! :insane:lol

I know. :foryou:

No - No no Cheryllynn sue bob! Don't say it ... I do have a confession ... I am the high bidder right now. .. .and yes, i've been reading this thread ..for ...sometime now (*agent smith voice*)

Okay Matt. :) I'll wait until the auction is over.

:cloud9:

Wow, that didn't take long for me to be outbid! ... now i sit back and watch. Too much $$ for lil' 'ole me.

(thumbs u

But, they do get first pick of the best of the best. Witness the Signature Series CGC 10 Head Games Signed Editions. In this hobby, that's all that counts sometimes.

DSC005711.jpg

Well, until then I'm going through back issues with my comic handling gloves or buying uber graded issues to build a perfect Registry set. :acclaim:

Yep, double kudo's for Cheryllynn for saving us BOTH some cash. ... that is until the next one shows up ... :wishluck:
Well, as the prospect of awesome set pictures threaten to be leaked out all over the internet, and awareness of this property begins, this site will be discovered eventually and new collectors will want in too, like The Walking Dead. Maybe not as much, but pretty up there, considering the potential youth audience because of the main characters.

My six-book first arc set just sold on eBay and it was out there less than 24 hours. Wow.
I was shocked they didn't sell here, actually. :o

I was very tempted but still broke from comic con doh!

<-- kind of hopes the ones that idw has are a bit beat up... lol sue me :D I like having only one of 3 books graded 9.8

Hey what color is this ? black or blue ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Locke-Key-Crown-Shadows-3-Joe-Hill-CGC-9-8-/380219366894?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5886d71dee

Edited by synch

<-- kind of hopes the ones that idw has are a bit beat up... lol sue me :D I like having only one of 3 books graded 9.8

http://cgi.ebay.com/Locke-Key-Crown-Shadows-3-Joe-Hill-CGC-9-8-/380219366894?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5886d71dee

I have an original for you Mike. And it should grade 9.8. I'll send it along when we "deal" next month.

I have an original for you Mike. And it should grade 9.8. I'll send it along when we "deal" next month.

Really ?.. awesome :) Is it the rare blue one or the black one ?.. Either way :headbang:

It's the black/gray background which is the original issue. The blue background was printed after the truck accident and distributed. Both have almost the same print run.

Go here to see the discussion:

L&K #3 discussion

Right I always get that mixed up doh! The black & gray one is indeed the one I want though its a cover I aim to get regardless :) Anyone have a link to a cover Gallery handy ?..

Edited by synch

It's the black/gray background which is the original issue. The blue background was printed after the truck accident and distributed. Both have almost the same print run.

Go here to see the discussion:

L&K #3 discussion

Right I always get that mixed up doh! The black & gray one is indeed the one I want though its a cover I aim to get regardless :) Anyone have a link to a cover Gallery handy ?..

I use comic collector live website ... http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Search.aspx

just enter "Locke & Key" and hit the search ... then select the series you want, with the grid view. Not sure if it has all the covers though ... prolly pretty close.