• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

holy on a cracker

LockeKeySpecEdVar1F.jpg

:cloud9:

225.49 final hammer price on that book. No way i would have gone that high.

Well anyway...

DSC005871.jpg

:whee:

(worship)

So I wonder what it is about IDW books that makes cgc grade them more strictly ... Just printed with better quality paper or what

Edited by synch

I would figure that's exactly what it is.They have heavier stock than most other books and maybe cgc feels they can't have tons of 9.9 and 10.0s from one company out there.I would have bought that one on ebay but I made a large purchase last week on hulk 180,181,182. Large purchase for me not for a good amount of the people on these boards.

holy on a cracker

LockeKeySpecEdVar1F.jpg

(worship)

So I wonder what it is about IDW books that makes cgc grade them more strictly ... Just printed with better quality paper or what

So synch... wanna sell that book back to me for what you paid? lol

Unbelievable price. I almost fell off my chair this morning.

holy on a cracker

LockeKeySpecEdVar1F.jpg

(worship)

I guess somebody realllllly wanted it. ... that's too much for me as well... i wonder what the next one will go for ...

Does anyone read the actual story :baiting:

The last issue was amazing and I can not wait for the next book to come out...any one have a release date?

I would hope that everyone here reads the story...

The last issue was great. I would assume the final issue will be shipping around the first week of April. Can't wait.

They're not graded differently than any other book - they're just, in general, printed on heavier, thicker cardstock which lends itself well to 9.9 and 10.0 grades.

My six-book first arc set just sold on eBay and it was out there less than 24 hours. Wow.
I was shocked they didn't sell here, actually. :o

I'm not. I feel blacklisted when I try to sell on these boards. The only books of mine that get sold are the ones I give away for postage. lol The little cliques here don't like me.

I don't know you well enough to dislike you, but give me time, I'm sure I can get there. :P

I've never let something as unimportant as "like" or "dislike" get in the way of buying and selling comics. That would be silly.

My six-book first arc set just sold on eBay and it was out there less than 24 hours. Wow.
I was shocked they didn't sell here, actually. :o

I'm not. I feel blacklisted when I try to sell on these boards. The only books of mine that get sold are the ones I give away for postage. lol The little cliques here don't like me.

I don't know you well enough to dislike you, but give me time, I'm sure I can get there. :P

I've never let something as unimportant as "like" or "dislike" get in the way of buying and selling comics. That would be silly.

:jokealert:

It's so hard to read sarcasm in these messages. :)

holy on a cracker

(worship)

I guess somebody realllllly wanted it. ... that's too much for me as well... i wonder what the next one will go for ...

I can't imagine it will be a whole lot less. There were eight different bidders and 7 of those still want it. :)

holy on a cracker

(worship)

I can't imagine it will be a whole lot less. There were eight different bidders and 7 of those still want it. :)

*Sigh* ... I know your right.

Does anyone read the actual story :baiting:

The last issue was amazing and I can not wait for the next book to come out...any one have a release date?

I would hope that everyone here reads the story...

The last issue was great. I would assume the final issue will be shipping around the first week of April. Can't wait.

Read it after I got home from my father passing at the hospital and doing all the paperwork with my mother and attending a mini-ceremony for him(with an American flag quilt over him in his bed). Lets just say, I felt in the same boat with the state of shock Tyler was in, in that issue. Everything he was experiencing didn't feel real to me either and yet was happening. Pitch perfect writing, IMHO.

holy on a cracker

LockeKeySpecEdVar1F.jpg

Well anyway...

DSC005871.jpg

:whee:

(worship)

$225.50 in raw? Didn't I tell you this was a rare book to get Mike? This book is just not out there, for the completists of this title. I remember, ComicDiva added it to her Registry Set and I immediately congratulated her. All the great sets need one. Best $100+, I ever spent on mine. :cloud9:

Now go out and hunt for the IDW: First 10 Years floppy. It has an isolated Locke & Key story, not yet collected anywhere. Collectors are gonna go gaga over it.

...Don't be a drag, just be a queen.

It's the black/gray background which is the original issue. The blue background was printed after the truck accident and distributed. Both have almost the same print run.

Go here to see the discussion:

L&K #3 discussion

It was just dumb luck, I saw a difference. I think it was the different staple placement, I noticed first. hm

It's the black/gray background which is the original issue. The blue background was printed after the truck accident and distributed. Both have almost the same print run.

L&K #3 discussion

Right I always get that mixed up doh! The black & gray one is indeed the one I want though its a cover I aim to get regardless :) Anyone have a link to a cover Gallery handy ?..

I use comic collector live website ... http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Search.aspx

just enter "Locke & Key" and hit the search ... then select the series you want, with the grid view. Not sure if it has all the covers though ... prolly pretty close.

They haven't been keeping up lately in the image gallery for these books. :taptaptap:

Not that I have been with my Registry Set pictures either. :blush:

L&K #3 discussion

It was just dumb luck, I saw a difference. I think it was the different staple placement, I noticed first. hm

Which is the same thing you noticed with the first arc #4s. :)

L&K #3 discussion

Which is the same thing you noticed with the first arc #4s. :)

Yup, the plump and rosier colored background to #4 and the thinner and more muted background(found in SDCC Slipcases that year). Same deal with the Head Games #4 variant, which had a "ghosting" issue on their bottoms of the SDCC slipcase versions of that year. All reported back in the thread. :grin:

(shrug) Just where, I do not know. It's a pain in the butt to search on dial-up. :frustrated:

Finally got around to reading vol 1 after reading all the gushing reviews in this thread.

Certainly did not dissappoint.

Great art, fabulous writing and a thoroughly absorbing storyline.

Time to order some new Tpbs.

Better late than never.

Finally got around to reading vol 1 after reading all the gushing reviews in this thread.

Certainly did not dissappoint.

Great art, fabulous writing and a thoroughly absorbing storyline.

Time to order some new Tpbs.

Better late than never.

Locke 'N Loaded another one. :headbang:

Welcome! :hi: